• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New in the Sign business

robpruitt

I just started into the sign business a few weeks ago and am having a lot of fun. I worked in a reprographic shop previously and got my feet wet and recently moved to Texas to go out on my own.
I was excited to discover this forum and really look forward to participating.

Best Regards;

Robert Pruitt
www.pruittsigns.com

Sign One

Welcome Robert- you look like your getting a good start with your website, really like the Diva thing- did you design it? This site is amazing and will be a huge help and support for you- Good Luck!

robpruitt

Sign One said:
Welcome Robert- you look like your getting a good start with your website, really like the Diva thing- did you design it? This site is amazing and will be a huge help and support for you- Good Luck!

Oh, thank you so much. I designed the Diva logo and sign but I charged too little for the sign though. I told them I would do the signicade for $150 like the 2nd day I was in the business (before I knew how much work they were). Being a newbie I have just charged them for the vinyl and none of my design time. However; 3 weeks later i'm much wiser now (Rob<---Liar).

robpruitt

Very cool. A lot of us from the Fort Worth area. A ton of business out here so we should all get fat and happy. I had the ...pleasure of meeting Cadmn in the other forums.

Cadmn

oh yea your the one that said sigm makers didnt need to draw? & a 24" cutter wasn't big enough. LOL

robpruitt

No, you asked me if you couldn't draw how I expect to do well in the sign business. But.. I do know how to draw. I did rip on your cutter; that's true. However; now If I could go back and do the mature thing i'd turn back the clock and rip on your website instead :)

PS: Anyone that reads Cadmn and I go back and forward pay it no mind. I think we just have fun messing with eachother and we don't get too worked up. :Coffee:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
No booger flickin' on this forum
flicka.jpg
Behave you 2......

sullosau

All newbies must submit themselves to the following hazing ritual.
Call your local sign shops and see if they have a bin full of scrap vinyl, offer yourself to them so they can get the local grade school to come by and cover you in it, extra points are awarded for walking down the main street covered in said vinyl.... hehehehehe