• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New JFX200-2513 EX - White ink printing with a yellow tint.

CreativeCreative

Well here's an unexpected one...

We recently upgraded our 2513 to the 2513 EX.

2513 was using LUS-150.
2513 EX is using LUS-120.

We went to reprint a job (raised white ink on paper) and noticed a big difference:

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 11.42.11 PM.png

New print on top, looks off-white compared to the original one.

We've tried everything we could think of on our end, but nothing has made a big difference. Our tech (who is great) has also been trying to figure it out.
He replaced the HDC board thinking it was an issue with the way the UV was curing, but didn't work.

Has anyone noticed a difference like this between LUS-150 and 120?

Of course, we have a bunch of white ink jobs lined up.

Appreciate all your input.

Simon kaye

Check rasterlink if your using it in colour replacement you should see if its putting down any yellow. Also When white ink seperates it starts to go a yellow

APCInk

Merchant Member
I would also ask your dealer to get you printed samples of LUS150 and LUS120 from other printers and see if it is just a difference because it is a different ink.

CreativeCreative

Thanks guys.

Simon kaye When we first got the printer, the white ink was basically expired, so they had Mimaki send a new batch, cleared the lines, replaced. But that didn't do it.
I'll check in color replacement to see if anything looks off.

APCInk That's what we've been trying to do....not as simple as one would imagine apparently.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Thanks guys.

Simon kaye When we first got the printer, the white ink was basically expired, so they had Mimaki send a new batch, cleared the lines, replaced. But that didn't do it.
I'll check in color replacement to see if anything looks off.

APCInk That's what we've been trying to do....not as simple as one would imagine apparently.
Sorry that is frustrating for sure. Could be just the separation? Maybe? Or some residual in the lines. Does the white look yellow-ish when you do a test draw?

CreativeCreative

Sorry that is frustrating for sure. Could be just the separation? Maybe? Or some residual in the lines. Does the white look yellow-ish when you do a test draw?
Thanks....yeah, it's not fun.

I just got some ink out of the bottle, it looks fine to me, to tint or separation.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I installed an EX with LUS120 the other day and the white looked super bright. We were printing on a black piece of vinyl though so that might just be an illusion.

Just a note that may help, they recommend setting your lamp position to 65mm when printing only one layer of white. You can adjust the lamp position with the thumb screws on each side of the carriage. They have little rulers next to them so you can move them to where you need and then tighten the screw again.