• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question New JV100-160

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I installed one two months ago and she's already gone through 4 full sets of 600ml cartridges. I think she likes it!

Elwood Kinder

We are having some head issues on a 10 year old JV33 and are thinking of rather than a head replacement, just replacing the whole printer with the JV100-160. Had to replace a head a couple of months ago on another JV33 and the cost difference would be 3X for a new printer but that 3 year warranty would be nice!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well, I went ahead and bought one. Should be here in a few days. The promo deal was hard to pass up with the 3 year warranty too.

If your tech runs into an issue getting the printer to connect, tell them they need to update the firmware to 3.2! Ran into that little issue on my install. might save you a headache!

Witer

Hi, could you be so kind and post picture of print pattern of dot position for 1200x1200dpi resolution... I have strange situation that lines are not overprint but between 2 patterns are huge distance... My firmware version is 3.4.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi, could you be so kind and post picture of print pattern of dot position for 1200x1200dpi resolution... I have strange situation that lines are not overprint but between 2 patterns are huge distance... My firmware version is 3.4.

I don't have one in the shop to print right now. If you print the drop position correction pattern and none of the patterns match no matter how far left or right you go, you need to run the service mode drop position to zero out the user one.

FrankW

Any Idea to connect that printer over network to drive it with a third party rip? I have tested it with Rasterlink, Digital Factory, Flexi and Onyx … Rasterlink is the only RIP which works.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any Idea to connect that printer over network to drive it with a third party rip? I have tested it with Rasterlink, Digital Factory, Flexi and Onyx … Rasterlink is the only RIP which works.

We had issues in the beginning getting the network to work even with Rasterlink. Make sure you have the latest driver installed and the machine is at firmware 3.2 otherwise the network won't work.

Witer

Can someone post printed pattern of dot positioning for 1200x1200dpi resolution...?
I have 3.4 firmware and for this resolution lines are not overprint each other... Ther is huge distance between tow rows of lines...

Witer

And does anyone have service manual for mimaki jv100-160? How to enter to service mode of this printer...?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Can someone post printed pattern of dot positioning for 1200x1200dpi resolution...?
I have 3.4 firmware and for this resolution lines are not overprint each other... Ther is huge distance between tow rows of lines...

You need to run the service drop position adjustment first. The installing tech should have done it already. The service alignment zeros the user alignment. If it's not zeroed out, you can get patterns that never match.

Enter service mode by holding function 1 and 3 while powering on.

Witer

Thanks, do you have any doc how to do it...? In my case, in user mode when I print correction pattern for 1200x1200dpi resolution the first row and second is print with 10-15cm distance....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks, do you have any doc how to do it...? In my case, in user mode when I print correction pattern for 1200x1200dpi resolution the first row and second is print with 10-15cm distance....
I'm not allowed to give out the tech manuals for that model unfortunately.

The service mode alignment goes though each resolution and motor speed one at a time. It will print out a pattern similar to the user alignment but there will be no numbers. All of the patterns are the same so you can just pick one to look at. You want the two magenta lines to overlap perfectly. One line is longer than the other. If the longer line needs to move left to overlap with the shorter one, you need to input a positive number. I usually move it by increments of 10 until I get close and then just dial it in from there. If you need to move the longer line right, you need to input a negative number. You will basically be printing the pattern, inputting a number, and then printing again until the lines overlap perfectly. Once you run that alignment for all resolutions and speeds, the user alignment patterns should all be very close to 0 now.

FrankW

We had issues in the beginning getting the network to work even with Rasterlink. Make sure you have the latest driver installed and the machine is at firmware 3.2 otherwise the network won't work.

Do you mean "higher than 3.2", or exactly 3.2? The machine I have delivered to a customer has 3.4.1 . It works with Rasterlink only over the network, and if using an USB device server (SEH, we have worked a lot with them), the printer freezes when plugged in (or freezes when booting while connected to the device server). Currently the printer runs with a 15m USB-connection with repeaters every 5m.

We get a feedback from Mimaki that there are some complaints about that, and that it can be that it is an issue with the mainboard version.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you mean "higher than 3.2", or exactly 3.2? The machine I have delivered to a customer has 3.4.1 . It works with Rasterlink only over the network, and if using an USB device server (SEH, we have worked a lot with them), the printer freezes when plugged in (or freezes when booting while connected to the device server). Currently the printer runs with a 15m USB-connection with repeaters every 5m.

We get a feedback from Mimaki that there are some complaints about that, and that it can be that it is an issue with the mainboard version.

3.2 or higher. I haven't tried to connect it to another RIP yet so that sounds like Mimaki is having issues supporting other RIPs on that machine.

FrankW

3.2 or higher. I haven't tried to connect it to another RIP yet so that sounds like Mimaki is having issues supporting other RIPs on that machine.

Third party RIP´s are working, but only with USB-Connection directly. We had problems with Mimaki Network connection often, e. g. with TS55-1800.

dudeinthemoon

Here is a hint for UJV100 owners, I've installed few of them, and everyone has a bug with leaking white inks after a few months of working. You have to tighten the white ink pipe connectors near the circulation pump at least once during the installation. And if you still don't then do it ASAP, there will be leak one day

SLord

Good day,
We have been the user of this UJV100-160 printer for almost a year.
Firmware 5.2 (the dealer himself sends us the firmware, the firmware from the Mimaki website does not get up), USB connection.
Everything is fine, but there are problems:
1. Magenta (stops printing), we are told "ink defect", they clean the channel and replace the ink. They put a filter, it doesn't help. We are waiting for the next stop, it's good that not often, for the whole time, this happened twice.
2. The ink cans are not easily removable, the mechanism is plastic, we are afraid to break it. Now, to put a new can, lubricate the rubber rings with silicone. We consider the system with banks to be unsuccessful.

PS: RIP RasterLink is a separate topic, but you get used to everything and adapt to everything.
Just yesterday, the dealer sent a letter recalling Magenta ink, leaving only ink with a serial number that starts with 65XXXXXXXX.