• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo Crit

dlndesign

Thanks for all your input! Here is a new logo for another company.

Attachments

• impressivedisplay.jpg
    impressivedisplay.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 90

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Awkward drop shadow/outlines, might be too thick, the other outline is too thin when by the thick outlined type.

Is that image in the background a cheap pop-up display and podium?

The connecting "I" is not adding to the logo, it's usually a solution when ideas are running low...

How much research did you put into this?

dlndesign

Rick,
Not much research, just first run at it. I'll take your outline crit and see what I can do. Thanks.

Jillbeans

Or maybe use the other "i" in impressive?
That might balance it out more, it looks too right-heavy.
Completely agree about the drop shadow.
Love....Jill

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What I would do is collect exhibit logos, go to the VMS+D site, maybe http://www.exhibitoronline.com/ and look at logos in the same field.

Why work that hard having something plop out when other designers have done some of the work already.

Once you collect some research and inspiration, then design.

You might want to stay away from outlines. Especially if you go to them too much.

neato

Ok, first of all, this is a very poor execution of the idea. Needs LOTS of work.

But what about using the 'i' from 'Impressive' and making it look like the stem is a pedestal supporting the dot? Like it's displaying the dot?

Maybe that makes no sense at all. :)

Attachments

• display.gif
    display.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 106

chatterbox

It will work as a sign. The BACKGROUND logo would have to be reduced if code requires smaller sign. Perhaps, consider, that you have 1 second to get peoples attention. The background may distract and detract from the main idea to get people to notice the name.

But overall, you are on your way. You seem to know and understand the basic concept to design signs.

Most graphic designers do not understand signage.