• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mutoh Xpertjet 1641SR

heyskull

Well it has taken me 14 years, but we have upgraded our old Valuejet 1604 to a New Xpertjet 1641SR.
First impressions are, quieter, faster and print quality far outshine the old machine. Even though it is very very similair in many ways.
The biggest issue I am having is access print profiles for Onyx for manufacturers materials.
It seems as although the machine was officially launced in September 2019 very little profiles exist for this machine & materials in any RIP.
Can anyone help?

SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Congrats on the new printer, go Mutoh! No idea on the profiles, have you tried some of the older ones like the 1624 to see if they will work until the new ones come out?

heyskull

This printer was launched in 2019 I was hoping their would be a few suppliers that have profiled it!
Even the big boys like 3M, Avery, Etc. haven't released any.

SC

Mike Volpone

Trying to survive in this post-Covid world!!!
I've had mine for 18 months now and still cannot find any color profiles for it. They only have ones for the ValueJet which is totally different!!!

heyskull

Mike

At last I have found another user/owner of this machine!
I have been all around the material suppliers and have now drawn a blank.
I am so annoyed as this is so much like the previous Valuejet and adapting some profiles of that should work.
Sadly my RIP has changed from Wasatch to Onyx which is making it even harder to profile on a program that I don't know.

SC

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Mike

At last I have found another user/owner of this machine!
I have been all around the material suppliers and have now drawn a blank.
I am so annoyed as this is so much like the previous Valuejet and adapting some profiles of that should work.
Sadly my RIP has changed from Wasatch to Onyx which is making it even harder to profile on a program that I don't know.

SC
Onyx is one of the best RIPs out there and their colour management is also one of the best.
Onyx has tutorials on their youtube page and guides on their website on how to create media profiles.

heyskull

Onyx is one of the best RIPs out there and their colour management is also one of the best.
Onyx has tutorials on their youtube page and guides on their website on how to create media profiles.
Yes Pauly I agree about the RIP but it is so different to how Wasatch is laid out.
I feel as if I am starting from scratch again!
I would of expected some of the big brands of material would of had some profiles for this machine.

It should not be up to the end user to make profiles for medias, as I know this can take up a huge amount of time and resources.
I understand that even proper profiles may need a tweek, but starting from scratch is a thing I do not have time for.

SC

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes Pauly I agree about the RIP but it is so different to how Wasatch is laid out.
I feel as if I am starting from scratch again!
I would of expected some of the big brands of material would of had some profiles for this machine.

It should not be up to the end user to make profiles for medias, as I know this can take up a huge amount of time and resources.
I understand that even proper profiles may need a tweek, but starting from scratch is a thing I do not have time for.

SC

Onyx can be complex to learn, but very powerful. Totally worth going through their YouTube channel. the help function is great also.

But this is where i disagree.
Onyx doesn't need to / should not have to provide profiles.
This is upto Mutoh, Your dealer to provide generic profiles.

Canned profiles (downloaded ones) are to get you going.
It is upto the user to create your own profiles. This is why RIPs like onyx provide such advance tools to create media profiles. OR you pay someone to come down and build them for you.

We have 15-20 different stocks we print on, each one has a custom media profile.
No generic profile will come close to basic profile made with your stock & machine.

heyskull

Onyx can be complex to learn, but very powerful. Totally worth going through their YouTube channel. the help function is great also.

But this is where i disagree.
Onyx doesn't need to / should not have to provide profiles.
This is upto Mutoh, Your dealer to provide generic profiles.

Canned profiles (downloaded ones) are to get you going.
It is upto the user to create your own profiles. This is why RIPs like onyx provide such advance tools to create media profiles. OR you pay someone to come down and build them for you.

We have 15-20 different stocks we print on, each one has a custom media profile.
No generic profile will come close to basic profile made with your stock & machine.
I never said that Onyx should provide profiles.
I expect sellers of media to provide base profiles and possibly the manufacture of the printer.
I was told many years ago that it is only wise to use the proper manufacturers profiles as these would of been properly set up ( we hope)!

SC