• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New on Signs101

ackerman139

Hey guys, Just want to give a big ol' hi and thanks for the great website. I am the owner of a business out east here. Specialize in snocross graphics, as well as motocross graphics, wraps, and signs. Just thought id show a smigid of some of my work.

I guess thats all i got for now. I dont want to get bashed on at all!!

ackerman139

thanks everyone, as far as the leatts, i only know of a few. I may try it. it all depends on the tekvest. As far as MX, i will not ride without it. Tons of mxers depend on it as well. and graphics are fairly easy for it as well.

Flame

thanks everyone, as far as the leatts, i only know of a few. I may try it. it all depends on the tekvest. As far as MX, i will not ride without it. Tons of mxers depend on it as well. and graphics are fairly easy for it as well.

Graphics for it are cool, but I refuse to wear one. I'm more afraid of it HURTING me, rather than protecting me.

ackerman139

yea i hear ya flame. I guess its just one of those things. Like some people are more comfortable wearing knee braces than shin pads, or flip flops instead of boots! What ever makes you feel safer. I mean, I race year round and race for polaris snowmobiles. I feel it is just like wearing custom knee braces for me. As far as wearing it on a sled, i dont see myself wearing it there. Just due to more headmovement i guess.

Flame

I'm a firm believer you need some kneck movement in a crash. Heck, a LOT of body movement. Restricting it can cause damage. My cuz just had a small crash and broke her collarbone, right where the Leatt hits the collarbone in the front. I think that's it's weak point.

I'm getting some knee braces to save from an ACL injury, but I realize it could cause a femur break because of it. I had to pick my poison. There are clinical tests proving that a CTI, Asterisk etc. saves an ACL, but does increase the risk of a femur break. The Leatt... well.... has NO testing. Thus I don't believe in sticking a several hundred dollar hunk of plastic on my neck just so I can be cool.

Phew.... there. Got it off my back. LOL

ackerman139

haha, well your in luck Flame! We seem to be in the same boat....
... december 2006, in a snocross race, my evs webs slid down a bit due to a broken strap. Landed off of a 45 ft double, and snap! broke my leg completely across. Broken Tibia, fibula, and ankle. Halfway down. Had surgery the next day. 17 screws and two 9" plates. Also had a previous surgery on the ankle. It feels pretty well now, stil aches almost everyday. But i am racing moto and pitbikes a lot, and getting ready for snocross.

Needless to say EVS's claim that "the brace will break before your leg breaks" was a joke.

I switched to Asterisks, added some extra padding and they feel good.

Fact of the matter is that anything can happen in a crash,and its hard to tell what. My break was just freaky and coincidental.

I cant get a break!

Flame

I know 661 has some braces that only cover your knee, and don't go down so far. I think I'll give them a shot. Helps in saving from a femur break (unlike standard knee braces) and still protects the ACL. Oh yeah, and under $500!!!

lol. Does this make me a :thread ???

Flame

I dunno. Never tried them either. Asterisks are cool, just wear out a little quick.

Maybe I'll try the 661's... we'll see.