• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW ONYX USER, HELP

cyclerc

Testing the onyx thrive 21 trial version but nothing going well, first cutter, the job file is in the job list on thrive cut server but you cant see the draw in the main window, any ideas whats happening.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Transparencies with spot colors (your cut path) will also cause issues with cut paths not working.
Onyx usually comes with sample/test print files that are set up correctly, but I am not sure if the demo does.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Easy checklist here. Open your job and double click on it to open the quick editor. On the left you can see "named colors". Check that your spot colors are there and then add them to your Quickset under "cut path prefixes".

White Haus

Not a Newbie
CANT FIGURE OUT,

COMING FROM SUMMA GO SIGN AND RASTERLINK
CUT SERVER ONLY IMPORT IN SVG?

Ohhh are you trying to do cut only jobs? I've wasted hours trying to get that svg workflow to work and was never able to.

It would be really nice if Onyx cut server could simply accept PDF files instead of some rando file format that no one else uses.

Perhaps they've improved this in newer versions?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Now I'm lost. If your not printing... then why are you going through Onyx? I don't think I understand what your trying to do here.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Onyx can be a bit funny about importing SVG files sometimes. In Illustrator we export as SVG 1.0 format which always seems to work.
Spot colours are irrelevant in the 1.0 spec, so Onyx will convert any hairlines into cut lines. I've just tested this on a multi-colored file exported to SVG 1.0 and loaded into CutServer. All lines are coming up as cut lines.
I suspect something might be happening with your SVG exports if they aren't visible in the main window in CutServer.

cyclerc

Now I'm lost. If your not printing... then why are you going through Onyx? I don't think I understand what your trying to do here.
Yes! I want to print too, is one of the main reasons) to print the barcode, but started testing cutter , on printing having more problems… ‍♂️.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So your printing through Onyx, and using cut server to plot? There isn't a bar code, just registration marks. If you set your cutter in the settings of your print job, you don't need to import anything. Why are we talking about svg imports? That's where I got lost.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You really need to have someone give you a couple hour course how to use it...

Otherwise you will be here asking hundred questions and get frustrated, not to even mention that your demo license probably runs out sooner than you figure it out.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You really need to have someone give you a couple hour course how to use it...

Otherwise you will be here asking hundred questions and get frustrated, not to even mention that your demo license probably runs out sooner than you figure it out.
I can't be bothered digging around, but there should be a video on onyx youtube channel showing how it's done.

mim

0_o
Okay I use Onyx to do cut only sometimes. What I do is import into the Rip as if I'm going to print it (should show just cut lines, no image), set cuts on, send to print but then cancel it right away. The cut file is still sent to the cut server. You can then go to the cut server, turn off automatic mark detection, and send to cut.
I do this when we have very small type because the cutter we have paired with the printer is more precise than mine.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Okay I use Onyx to do cut only sometimes. What I do is import into the Rip as if I'm going to print it (should show just cut lines, no image), set cuts on, send to print but then cancel it right away. The cut file is still sent to the cut server. You can then go to the cut server, turn off automatic mark detection, and send to cut.
I do this when we have very small type because the cutter we have paired with the printer is more precise than mine.
Why don't you just export the file as SVG and load it directly into CutServer?
It saves you doing 90% of what you just said.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I'll have to try this, thanks. Have never gotten the svg workflow to work and and we have the same situation where our Summa S140T cuts better than any other plotter but can't do cut only jobs.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Onyx can be a bit funny about importing SVG files sometimes. In Illustrator we export as SVG 1.0 format which always seems to work.
Spot colours are irrelevant in the 1.0 spec, so Onyx will convert any hairlines into cut lines. I've just tested this on a multi-colored file exported to SVG 1.0 and loaded into CutServer. All lines are coming up as cut lines.
I suspect something might be happening with your SVG exports if they aren't visible in the main window in CutServer.
I'll give this another go, thanks.