• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW ONYX USER, HELP

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
My HP Latex 64 Cutter took a crap 3 weeks ago and grabbed an S-One D160 instead. I hate having to convert files to SVG for Onyx Cutter to work. It is now so much easier to make it a PDF and have GoSumma open for the easy stuff. Also love the WiFi.
As for Thrive for printing, found I had to make my black CMYK instead of RGB to print dark and rich if making the files a PDF. Even though I design in Flexi, I check everything in Illustrator and make sure it's on the artboard with everything color corrected. When making cut lines, I make a solid color over my artwork that I don't use anywhere in the art (lime green) and create a new swatch in Illustrator called CutContour, changing the solid color to a .25 line instead in the CutContour color RGB 137/255/0.
As for why I do not print in Flexi: the version I have is for the cutter only and I'm not upgrading to the subscription. Too many jobs have gone through the Onyx RIP for me to change as they are repeat customers (Police, EMS, Towns).

mim

0_o
Why don't you just export the file as SVG and load it directly into CutServer?
It saves you doing 90% of what you just said.

Because, frustratingly, my company insists on using Omega 6.5 for the final production stage. In the vinyl dept. we only have Omega on the computers and you can't export a SVG from there. I've been begging my company to expand the adobe accounts so more people can use it but until then I do these work arounds :)