• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Plotter for Gerber Omega 2.6?

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I have been running Gerber Omega 2.6 with a Gerber Envision 375 15in Sprocket Fed Plotter cutting 15in Punched rolls of vinyl for many years.
Both Gerber Program and plotter is running fine, no Problems.
Running into problems getting the 15in punched rolls of vinyl. Grimco says Oracal is stopping production / discontinuing 15in punched rolls.

What are my options for buying and installing a new 24in friction fed plotter?

Will a different brand like a Roland work with the Gerber Omega 2.6?

Jburns

I see roland cutters in my plot manager - not sure if that is the right name- on the screen that you see when you output all. Setup - device Select- Install

You will likely see options for older vinyl cutters since software is 2.6. I am really happy with my Gerber P2C600 -its a rebranded 24 inch Summa, if you can find one.

Jburns

screenshot

Attachments

• Omega Plot.JPG
    Omega Plot.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 107

Attila Nagy

many Summa, Roland, Graphtec and other cutters are supported 2.6 I use Graphtec CE5000-40 for contour cut, Gerber edge printed stickers. It finds targets automatically.

Wizard99

Sorry to crash your post...but I have a brand new 24" Graphtec CE5000-60 that was only used a couple times just to test cut. Can cut/plot from Gerber - CorelDraw directly or included from Cutting Pro software. All manuals-cables, etc. I paid $1800.00 sell for $1200.00 I have retired & no longer cut vinyl. Located in NW Ohio

jfiscus

Rap Master
Buy Gerber vinyls instead of Oracal. Cheaper than a new plotter. For the detail that the Gerber Edge/plotter combo gets you, you are going to want to stick to sprocket-fed rolls.

It will work fine with friction-fed plotters if all you are doing is cutting vinyl graphics (not print/cut) but the level of accuracy decreases greatly with that type.

Ready

Ready To Go
I have been running Gerber Omega 2.6 with a Gerber Envision 375 15in Sprocket Fed Plotter cutting 15in Punched rolls of vinyl for many years.
Both Gerber Program and plotter is running fine, no Problems.
Running into problems getting the 15in punched rolls of vinyl. Grimco says Oracal is stopping production / discontinuing 15in punched rolls.

What are my options for buying and installing a new 24in friction fed plotter?

Will a different brand like a Roland work with the Gerber Omega 2.6?
Hello,
Try this and/or call. Kapco, Kent, Ohio. They have a ton of 15" punched material. Here is a link to 15" punched.
Bob P