• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Print Head Value Jet 1204

lucasdowden

I just put a new head in my 1204 and got the ink running thru the lines. When I do a nozzle check it shows up like my picture below, if I send a job to the printer either the nozzle check will print along with the job I sent or recently it has been giving me the E085 Head Heat code. I did blow the fuse but replaced it. I put my old head back in and the error code doesn't come up when I send a job......I am lost anyone how I should proceed???

Attachments

• IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 419

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A head heat error means something is shorting out which is why your fuse blew in the first place. Usually the short happens in the head cables but it could be anywhere from the head to the main board. The fact that you put the old head in and don't get the error could be an indicator that the new head is causing the issue but it is pretty rare that a truly new head is bad out of the box.

Joe House

Or you could have put the cables in the new head incorrectly and when you put the old one back in, the cables were inserted correctly. But now that you've installed the head, if it is bad, you're probably going to have a hard time returning it - even if it was truly DOA. Most likely it will be pointed out that, not having been trained, you probably incorrectly installed the head and they have no liability.

lucasdowden

I installed the new cables and I don't get the error message anymore. However I am still having a problem with printing, pic attached. The old head nozzle check is not very good, but it has color in it. I've done a lot of troubleshooting this past weekend and everything points at the head.

Still lost on how a new head is bad...I'm 100% positive when I reattached the new head cables I put them in the correct spot.

Attachments

• IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    806.2 KB · Views: 388

lucasdowden

Finally figured out the problem, Blown Head. If you ever replace a head, cables etc and see a "Head Heat" error turn the machine off and unplug it. The first thing you should do is check the F2 fuse more than likely it is blown. If you try to start the printer again without replacing the fuse you will more than likely blow the head. I did and cost me some $$$. I hope this helps anyone who is currently having this problem.

Lucas

Dicky

I got some new head cables coming tomorrow....we shall see what happens
Just having same oroblem
On Mutoh 626
Frustrating as it always prints ONE PRINT...perfectly..if I orint another job E085 !..if I leave it 5 mins will print again!!!

many ideas what it could be???

something maybe overheating ???..

cant be fuse..THATS binary..if blown..would never work!

anything I can do as too expensive..another new head is just over 3k installed!!!

Dicky

Finally figured out the problem, Blown Head. If you ever replace a head, cables etc and see a "Head Heat" error turn the machine off and unplug it. The first thing you should do is check the F2 fuse more than likely it is blown. If you try to start the printer again without replacing the fuse you will more than likely blow the head. I did and cost me some $$$. I hope this helps anyone who is currently having this problem.

Lucas
What is and where is the f2 fuse...??
I have the E085 ..works and prints once..then E085..leave it..then print again..sooooo frustrating!..