• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New printers coming - how to prepare old printers for resale

ml4cs

First, thank you to everyone in this forum who have helped me along my journey getting 2 old sp-540i through the last 2 years and in turn building my business. We are now fortunate enough to be able to acquire 2 brand new VG3 printers and due to arrive in the next 30 days or so. I know these old sp-540i's are getting long in the tooth but are still workhorses and someone could use them to start up just as I have. My question is how can I properly store them? Do I get some cleaning cartridges and flush everything out replacing the captops and dampers? will the heads survive this? or do I keep them plugged in and printing something daily to keep them going until I find a taker? When I purchased the first one the previous owner flushed the lines and then replaced dampers, captops, wipers, heads and pump. I am ok with replacing all except the heads as they have a lot of life left in them and I still have 2 spare heads that will be going with them. Any suggestion is appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you flush them you risk the heads not coming back when you refill it.

Keep it plugged in, print something weekly and keep it clean.

Sell it quickly and the easier it will be to you.

LarryB

Why don’t you sell them? I sold my Roland XC540 on EBay. I waiting too long and lost a couple of heads.