• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new roland truvis machine coming should I get white

Drip Dry

My new owner is about to pull the trigger on a new Truvis vg3.
Any suggestions on the white option or orange

never heard of orange and not sure why you would want orange. Seems that white would be a better option.
She says she was talked into the orange option because it gives better color
Is this a good option or does the salesman only have a machine with the orange option

Thanks for any advice

ikarasu

White isn't good unless you're outsourcing a lot of white decals. .

I'd say white ink doesn't fall under the "buy it and the jobs will come" category.

Weve used 1 cartridge of white ink in the 2 years we've owned our printer - we also don't go advertise we do white ink, but in our industry white ink isn't that common.

Drip Dry

White isn't good unless you're outsourcing a lot of white decals. .

I'd say white ink doesn't fall under the "buy it and the jobs will come" category.

Weve used 1 cartridge of white ink in the 2 years we've owned our printer - we also don't go advertise we do white ink, but in our industry white ink isn't that common.
OK... Orange it is
Thank You

LarryB

I have the orange option and love it. The orange and red colors really pop. The orange almost looks fluorescent.

Medina Signs

Old Member
AANNDD!! If you don't use the white enough, it will dry and congeal in the cart and possibly the lines and head - you have to run it through like every day.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
White shouldn't even be an option on most solvent printers. It never worked as advertised for any brand. If you absolutely need white, get a UV.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
A a distributor of Roland printers, I would say skip the white unless you know you are going to use it. If you don't, you'll go through about 2 cartridges of white a year just in the spitting process.