• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new router

ernie

I may have mentioned getting a new low cost router. Here is a picture.

I hope.....

Attachments

• web_finishing.jpg
    web_finishing.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 268

ernie

finished router

This shows more of my homebrew vacuum table.

Attachments

• vacuumm_table.jpg
    vacuumm_table.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 243

ChiknNutz

I'd sure like to hear/see more about this! By "low cost" what do you mean? Where did you get it from? Some specs and more info please!

ernie

low cost router

The total cost was under $10k for a 5'x10' router. I bought the kit from practicalcnc.com The vacuum table I built myself, and the CAM program is from Rams3d.com.

The system is lightly built and I have started to modify it for better performance. It is faster than my other router but I haven't got the good routing quality of my homebuilt system.

ernie

I just wanted to report that putting diagonal crossed tensioned cables on the router along with clamps on the leveling table has fixed all my issues with the router table vibration.

I'm going to mount a tv camera on the router head next, this will allow quick alignment to the LL corner of the substrate without getting out of my chair.

ernie