• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Site Design. Need Feed Back!!

HulkSmash

Hey guys and gals,
thanks for taking the time out to take a look at this.

Im having my site redesigned - have a meeting with them tomorrow. Any suggestions to tell them to add to me list. The home page is decent, but all the other pages (especially our services) is just floating and has no conformity. thanks again!

HERE is the link.

Freese

My honest/initial thoughts:

Main page looks great....flows great and wouldn't have any issue finding what I'm looking for

Services page needs some work, but the top of the page with the main graphic and menu look great.

I like the color scheme, makes me want to visit CO to Ski...

Marlene

looks really nice. love the way you repeated the mountains from the logo in the band. nice colors. easy to use and find things.

p3

I dig it. Only suggestion I have is maybe under services make it clickable to that type of work you have done. I like the look & colors.

Custom_Grafx

That's really great. I am on the iPhone now and like how the slideshow works as most people use flash for that.

Not sure how it looks on my desktop but it was very hard to see ur phone numbers at the top there is almost zero contrast. However the good thing is when I touch the number it picks it up as a number and asks me if I want to call you. This is good coz I don't need to go to ur contact page if I want to call you.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
We are working having a site built right now. My main concern is what the customer sees when the very top of the first page opens.

I am really pushing to have minimal scrolling to see main categories immediately.

Can the squash the top header just a little so the main button pics are viewable when it opens? And can they make it so a client can click anywhere on the pic for the category to open? It just seems to me people scan and click thinking they are getting to their end desination fast to see what item they are really looking for.

All in all, clean, easy to read and even has a nice splash with the scrolling banner.

my 2 cents

Fanaticus

We are working having a site built right now. My main concern is what the customer sees when the very top of the first page opens.

I am really pushing to have minimal scrolling to see main categories immediately.

How are you going to manage that considering all the different screen sizes and resolutions that people use to view the internet? Not to mention the differences between the browsers they use.

Just gotta find a happy medium.

I like the site so far, improving well over the current landing page. The services section does need a little help though, seems like there's a lot of open space. Maybe the bulleted lists (UL) could be set into 2 columns via spans for each category. Each service category in the services section should also be more "blocky"... maybe a border around the holding div and a lighter background color inside that div than the background outside the div. That way people would quickly and easily know that THAT is a separate service than the others.

Have you seen how it'll look through other browsers?

SignStudent

I guess it's just my monitor since no one else has mentioned it, but the gray background pattern is flickering a little bit for me. It's kinda like I see horizontal banding moving down the screen, but very faint.

Other than that it looks great to me.

signswi

I guess it's just my monitor since no one else has mentioned it, but the gray background pattern is flickering a little bit for me. It's kinda like I see horizontal banding moving down the screen, but very faint.

Other than that it looks great to me.

Wow are you still on a CRT? :omg:

signswi

Looks like you're running on Wordpress? Pay your web devs to set up W3 Total Cache and to set you up with a CloudFlare install (free account is fine, just need to make an account, point it properly, and install the CloudFlare plugin to make Wordpress play nice). If they can't do those things, find someone who can (*cough*). Those two steps will speed the site way up.

Beyond that I highly recommend Yoast's Wordpress SEO plugin (properly configured), his Google Analytics for Wordpress plugin (great way to interface w/ GA), WP-DBManager (for automatic database backup & optimization) and either VaultPress or BackupBuddy for automated site backup.

As for the design itself, looking pretty good. I vaguely recall your old thread, the colors on this version are cleaner.