• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New some Help with JV3 160S

LindyM

Hey guys I just bought a used JV3 and bought a set of ink carts but the printer doesn't acknowledge the carts when I insert them. The LCD screen displays "Set Cartridge" and blinking under that is "KCMYmc"

Any Clue ?

Letterbox Mike

Are they OEM cartridges? Are they expired? Are they the right ink set (CMYKlclm or CCMMYYKK)? Are you absolutely sure you're putting them in the right slot and the right way?

LindyM

These are Bordeaux 440 carts that are not expired and are inserted in the correct slots.
I was told if the previous owner had some kind of bulk system they have have messed with the settings.
thanks for the quick reply to help !

Letterbox Mike

Do you have an OEM set on hand? If so insert those cartridges and see if they work. If they do that eliminated the posisbility that the chip reader on the printer isn't working. If they work, your cartridges have a problem. I don't know anything about the Bordeaux ink so I can't be of help there, maybe someone else will chime in.

LindyM

I will try to locate a OEM set or at least one color to see if it reads it, thanks again. Techs are telling me to replace the main board. This was taken out of production in working order I dont see how the main board would be be. seems like a way to get you to spend $$$$

Do these Bordeaux cartridges have the small electronic chip on them like the OEM Carts? If not the previous owner must have been purchasing chips to attach to the Carts or using some other work-around. To the best of my knowledge it is impossible to run FW 5.50 "Chipless"

Assuming your cartridges do have chips (or you install the OEM carts) and are still having problems I'd suggest having a trained tech walk you through changing the printers parameters to fool it into thinking it's already been "Filled Up" - You'll now have access to the printers regular menus and will be able to view error messages to determine exactly what the problem is.

LindyM

Yes the Carts do have chips on them. I will be calling someone later today to see if they will walk me thru and try to figure this out.

BTW I just got this printer a couple of weeks ago but have been in the sign/printing industry for 15 years. I mainly worked with Rolands up until now.

Thanks you guys for taking the time to help me out !:clapping:

ColesCreations

In the meantime... How are you keeping your heads from clogging? Unless it's filled with cleanin fluid, I suggest you start soaking the heads... How about your bulk ink? Do the chips let you know when ink is low? If not, you may consider older firmware which will let you run without chips...

LindyM

In the meantime... How are you keeping your heads from clogging? Unless it's filled with cleanin fluid, I suggest you start soaking the heads... How about your bulk ink? Do the chips let you know when ink is low? If not, you may consider older firmware which will let you run without chips...
The printer was flushed completely before it was taken out of service so I doubt the heads will clog.
Bulk ink is in our future but will do some more research before making the move. as for the firmware I would like to get the 3.? so I wont need chips. That will also come with time and availability.

Thanks again !

jens

Yes the Carts do have chips on them. I will be calling someone later today to see if they will walk me thru and try to figure this out.

BTW I just got this printer a couple of weeks ago but have been in the sign/printing industry for 15 years. I mainly worked with Rolands up until now.

Thanks you guys for taking the time to help me out !:clapping:

Is the ink setting right ? When you flush you lines you can choose diffrent ink types
like SS1 CMYK , HS , SS2.. What ink type of chip uses bordeaux ink ?
for example sun chemical uses SS2 chips.

LindyM

I had the right settings . Fellers Simply sent me the ink for JV33 instead of JV3. This chips are different which caused the printer not to read the carts.