• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Graphtec and Cutting Master - imported lines not showing up

jim buys

Ive used a summa forever, my first time using cutting master.

Drawn in illustrator, the wings of the bee for example dont show up, im sure its a setting im not using correctly?

Attachments

• bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 238

newparade

Ive used a summa forever, my first time using cutting master.

Drawn in illustrator, the wings of the bee for example dont show up, im sure its a setting im not using correctly?
Did you draw it from scratch or use a graphic that was already made? I'm trying to figure out if you're starting with all the paths you need and then losing them, or if you're missing some paths to start with.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

jim buys

i drew auto traced it then edited it.

I dont know where auto weld is.

yes white colored boxes..... Hmmm thats probably it....i made them all black and it shows up!
Cutting master imports by color and not outlines?

newparade

I rarely have any issues with Cutting Master, but sometimes I'll toggle between cut by layer and cut by color to see if my lines will show up. Actually, I usually look here when I have a problem with TOO many cut lines to see if I can find the issue.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
It can order cuts by color or layer. It's kinda nice for me, when doing multiple sets of hours, I can color each one a different color, set it up to hold jobs, click one each color with crosscut turned on, then hit send. This way I get 12 sets of vinyl, each cut apart.
Ideally instead of coloring a shape white, you would combine the two shapes into one. In corel it's called combine, not sure what illustrator calls it. In my world, I curse at the designer who just draws white boxes instead of properly creating graphics with voids. Not sure how many others around here expect their art to come to them, but I expect some others have the same opinion. It's a lazy way to build things in my opinion.
Agree. There is "print ready" vector files but they may not be "cut ready". A vector shape with a fill & oultine/stroke for example will be cut as two shapes or an unwanted "double-cut". Print ready may use white that may not be needed for cut. Gets complicated but...just saying