• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to graphtec

HalfNHalf

I just bought a a Graphtec CE6000-60 and I am wondering if I can cut the following:
The vinyl is 6 mil and it’s liner is 5 mil and I would like to add a laminate which is 2 mil thick. In total it would be about 13mil thick. Is this too much to cut? I heard that 60 degree blades help with deeper cuts but I’m not sure If it will be successful. I guess I could also just figure out a way to only cut through the laminate and the vinyl and not the vinyl liner.
Either way I don’t get my cutter till sometime next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ejmoan

Hello I am not sure about and CE6000-60 I have a Graphtec FC8600 (54") cutter. Not sure if they work the same but I use the red blade 15U with a 60 degree blade. I tend to have the best luck with OEM Blades for the thick stuff. I use off brands for regular vinyl with not problems. I also have better luck setting slowing down the speed (15 or less on my cutter) and turning the force up to 45. On mine I have two blade positions... one for perf cutting through line are one that "kiss cuts" just the vinyl. Graphtec America also has great support. I always have luck calling them. Sometimes you have to leave a message but they get back to you and are very helpful.

HalfNHalf

Hello I am not sure about and CE6000-60 I have a Graphtec FC8600 (54") cutter. Not sure if they work the same but I use the red blade 15U with a 60 degree blade. I tend to have the best luck with OEM Blades for the thick stuff. I use off brands for regular vinyl with not problems. I also have better luck setting slowing down the speed (15 or less on my cutter) and turning the force up to 45. On mine I have two blade positions... one for perf cutting through line are one that "kiss cuts" just the vinyl. Graphtec America also has great support. I always have luck calling them. Sometimes you have to leave a message but they get back to you and are very helpful.

Thanks for the tips!
Would you know the best place to get OEM blades for reasonable prices?
Also, if I may ask. What software do you use with your graphtec?

Jacinta

Recently I also bought Graphtec CE6000-60 and have some questions about its usage. Also wanted to ask about lamination but found your question so there is no more need. However, I just newbie so there's still a lot of questions. Now someone help with my college assignment so I have time to ask all I want.

AaronSSsignsKC

Graphtecs are nice they will cut most anything you throw at them I would keep 45deg and 60deg blades on hand we use 45's for most of the day to day cut jobs say oracal 651-751 etc and use the 60's on thicker material sand blast mask paint masks laminated vinyl and stuff with smaller text or fonts....they are all about the settings as well make sure and use conditions set a condition for non laminated vinyl adjust the pressure and speed and them make another condition using the same blade depth but more force for laminated prints and so on for whatever materials you are working with. Using conditions just allows you to easily adjust material settings without having to make a lot of actual mechanical adjustments. Good luck