• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Illy. I would like to perform a simple repeat command.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Just a simple repeat of a design.
Example, 5 up and 3 three across with .5'' between.
Graphix Advantage or Omega are so simple. I feel dense that I can't perform the same in Illy.

onthego signguy

Funny thing I am looking all over the place for a program called illy.... De and a de make a detadee then I relies we be talking about illustrator. I feel soooo detadee

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Thank you Frankensigns.

Of course, double click the selection tool. Why didn't I just know that?
:banghead:

phototec

Just a simple repeat of a design.
Example, 5 up and 3 three across with .5'' between.
Graphix Advantage or Omega are so simple. I feel dense that I can't perform the same in Illy.

Completely Select your object, then:

Shift/Ctrl M, then insert desired HORIZONTAL distance for duplicate (object width plus 1/2"), then select COPY.

Now that you have set the duplicate parameters, just select Ctrl/D and each time you will get another duplicate.

Now that you have your 3 across, select all three objects and do the same procedure as above, only this time insert the VERTICAL distance to get the FIVE up.

:thumb:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I use CadTools step and repeat. You can define the columns, it will do it to exact distances from the center of the edge, and even to a scale.

Custom_Grafx

This can also come in handy if you change your mind about the distance between objects later on...

Click here for instruction, and go to the last heading towards the bottom called "distribute objects by specific amounts".