• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to me FC-9000 (metal grit roller rubbing?)

BetaCtz

Hey all,

Just upgraded to a FC-9000-140 (it's not new, but looks/operates/sold as close to new as you can believe). Not a scratch on it, looks/feels mint.

1. My far left metal grit roller is rubbing a little bit on the metal shield. Any "proper" way to adjust this other than trying to flex the metal plate a bit?

I was able to slide a piece of paper [folded a few times] between the cutting strip and silver plate as a temporary solution.

- my space is rather cold, so I'm wondering if it's an expansion/contraction climate issue... but only the one roller hits a bit
- it did sit in my vehicle for a week (in the cold) before I had a chance to get it inside.
- it's now been inside for at least 24 hours, but still rubbing a bit

Thanks,
B

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
is there any visible damage?

or does it look like the holes are stamped out of align?
Or is the roller out of align?

I think to open it up it needs to be done from underneath.

Joe House

Try loosening the screws that hold that plate on and see if relieving any stress lets it line up better.

Good Luck

BetaCtz

is there any visible damage?

or does it look like the holes are stamped out of align?
Or is the roller out of align?

I think to open it up it needs to be done from underneath.

No visible damage - plate looks flat.

Try loosening the screws that hold that plate on and see if relieving any stress lets it line up better.

Good Luck

From what I can see, there's the one screw on the left of the silver plate, which has allowed me to slightly lift to wedge the paper under. It appears to be secured elsewhere as it doesn't move around too much.

Not sure I want to be ripping this machine apart too much unless I had a breakdown diagram

ikarasu

Have a photo?

It comes apart really easy. I had to do a ton of removal for the take up reel setup, nothing tricky... Just unscrew it pretty much.

BetaCtz

Where I'm pointing to the roller (front, is where it rubs).
The silver plate is wedged a little bit right now, so it's not rubbing.

Removal: I'm guessing that the main side panels come off pretty easy just from the 5 screws on each end? or is there a fair bit more to it?

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_181540011.jpg
    IMG_20221213_181540011.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 89

Joe House

The ends do come off easily, but you need to take the black aprons off to get at the screws for the steel plate. Look under the front edge for the screws that hold the apron on.

BetaCtz

The ends do come off easily, but you need to take the black aprons off to get at the screws for the steel plate. Look under the front edge for the screws that hold the apron on.
I did remove those fronts screws but the black apron didn't seem to budge. I didn't want to force anything.

For clarity - I do or do not need to remove the larger plastic ends (or maybe just one side) to remove the steel plate (silver)?
Or is it just the black apron that needs to be removed first?