• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to mimaki/rasterlink5 and need help with profiles

bulldozer

We recently purchased a CJV30-160 8 color and trying to match the names to the profiles. The tech had no idea what he was doing so they sent another tech, but couldn't really tell me what profiles were for what material.

The pre-loaded profiles, for the most part, make no sense to me. I'm sure somebody on here has an idea. Attached a picture for reference. Go easy, still somewhat a bit of a newb.

Any help or direction would mean a lot. thanks.

P94AqWW.jpg

Commando

That's a lot of profiles lol. I have like 4
I don't really understand by "makes no sense" You obviously want a profile to match your material, high resolution and make sure the "other conditions" fit your criteria for the material.
The maker really doesn't matter in my experience.

bulldozer

That's a lot of profiles lol. I have like 4
I don't really understand by "makes no sense" You obviously want a profile to match your material, high resolution and make sure the "other conditions" fit your criteria for the material.
The maker really doesn't matter in my experience.

yea, that's my issue. i know a couple, but for the most part, i don't know what materials these are attempting to name.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
I normally use the GPVC which I think stands for general purpose Vinyl, depending on dpi 720x1080 is good.
1080 x1440 is better but has more passes meaning slower print but better quality
settings and speed verses quality of what customer wants is what you aim for..its a comprimise.
Tarpaulin is same as Banner material. So you would find on banner material a profile with less passes as low as 2 passes meaning quicker print but quality may not be as good, but if your looking at it from a distance then you wont see any imperfections
Those profiles are what is used in Japan but not necessesarly the rest of the world.
Normally you pick a profile that has the correct or as close to correct colors as you find and run with that for all of your prints, what you should do is adjust the head height when printing Banner material so you minimise the risk of a head strike as banner material is thicker.
Tekkie1

bulldozer

I normally use the GPVC which I think stands for general purpose Vinyl, depending on dpi 720x1080 is good.
1080 x1440 is better but has more passes meaning slower print but better quality
settings and speed verses quality of what customer wants is what you aim for..its a comprimise.
Tarpaulin is same as Banner material. So you would find on banner material a profile with less passes as low as 2 passes meaning quicker print but quality may not be as good, but if your looking at it from a distance then you wont see any imperfections
Those profiles are what is used in Japan but not necessesarly the rest of the world.
Normally you pick a profile that has the correct or as close to correct colors as you find and run with that for all of your prints, what you should do is adjust the head height when printing Banner material so you minimise the risk of a head strike as banner material is thicker.
Tekkie1

awesome. the mimaki is the backup to my roland xr-640 so we will be printing a lot of pop-up banners, backlit, clear, static cling, and paper prints on it. thanks for the help.