• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Omega 4.0 oh boy.....

zbo2

oh boy is correct.....

comming from advantage 6.2 i'm gonna need a little time to get adjusted for sure. i'm missing the grab tool for starters...i'm sure i just need to "find" it. in playing around a little i made up some lettering and shadowed it but can't seem to grab either the shadow or the lettering separately.
i'm sure i'll have more questions and will also figure some stuff out on my own, getting back to it....lol.....
thanks
Joe

hmmmmm can't seem to figure out how to do repeats either........

Last edited:

zbo2

dang it.... i never think of youtube till somebody recommends it...lol i thought i looked under tools and didn't see it.......but it was late late late...thanks i think i'm ready to get back at it.
Joe

zbo2

ok another problem i'm having..... when i outline or shadow lettering i select the outlines and the originals and lay them out per colors as i'm going to plot them so i can make the best use of my material. the problem i'm running into, that i didn't have with advantage, is they want to snap back together ( the original and the outline ) whenever i try to reposition them. gets very frustrating to say the least. i'm sure i just need to shut something off but i can't figure out what it is. hope i explaned that correctly.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ok another problem i'm having..... when i outline or shadow lettering i select the outlines and the originals and lay them out per colors as i'm going to plot them so i can make the best use of my material. the problem i'm running into, that i didn't have with advantage, is they want to snap back together ( the original and the outline ) whenever i try to reposition them. gets very frustrating to say the least. i'm sure i just need to shut something off but i can't figure out what it is. hope i explaned that correctly.

You're running into Smart Edit when that happens. While I don't understand why you would work in the fashion you're describing, I would recommend simply copying and pasting into a new workspace while preserving the old workspace in case you need to go back and edit something. The copy/paste will remove all Smart Edit attributes from the pasted version and will thus allow you to reposition parts to suit your needs.

zbo2

thanks fred..............it's how i was taught years ago, not sure how to do it differently.

ironchef

I still have advatage on my old computer, still works good, i love omega though, same shortcuts, like h for hook, e for eraser, ctrl i for size, etc. Much quicker, plus the new options when you right click, outlines, shadow, distoetion, warp... and i hated pressing m, to habe to be able to move an object back in the day... i can make the same sign like twice as fast on omega