• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to site

interstate

We are a leader in the application and removal of commercial graphics.( fleets, bus/vehicle wraps, store imaging). We have been providing service nation-wide( U.S.) since 1988.

geb

Welcome, interstate, hope to hear much more from you. Maybe you can help me to get over my fear of rivets on trailers.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ahhhhh Ha! The dreaded rivetophobia rears its ugly head.

Anyway, welcome to Signs 101. We're glad you found us.

:signs101:

geb

Rob Ivers would be disappointed with me. I have watched the videos a couple of times, but when I get to the rivets, I do what the video says, use the middle of the squeegee, and run over the rivets, then go back with heat gun and rivet brush and I seem to tear the vinyl with the brush. I also poke a hole in the bottom of the rivet bubble before applying a little heat and brushing. I have lettered a couple of trailers, with less than disireable results in my book. The customers weren't too disappointed, but I know it can be better.
Well, glad to see you here, Paul, maybe you can share some tips when you get settled in.

George

interstate

Thanks THATgirl and Dennis for the welcome.

George-
For your problem with rivets, try to use a little less heat and make sure you poke enough holes around the rivet head. That is usually the problem with material tearing. Possibly a little less pressure with the brush. I can't positively say with out watching you. Another problem may be surface and/or air temp and the brand of vinyl thats being used. All vinyl is effected by temp, some more so than others. I personally would recommend only 3M or avery when it comes to fleet graphics and vehicle wraps. Both materials are more forgiving when it comes to surface/air temp and the amount of heat you apply to the rivets, plus there both excellant brands. Mac-tac for example is very sensitive to temp. it becomes very brittle if you can not keep the surface temp at a certain temp. and it lay's down very poorly. I hope that helps you. If you still have problem's, feel free to call. Thanks, and talk to you later.

Paul
Interstate Graphics of WI
715-252-1814
paul@graphicsinstall.com
www.graphicsinstall.com

geb

Thanks Paul, I'll try poking more holes the next time I get a chance at rivets. I use avery 8 whenever I can. Good talkin' to you.

George