• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New valujet 1608

Trimtint

This thing look killer I really wish we would have waited another 4 months to buy. I seen it in the new sign biz mag.

Snapper

Valentino

nowhere in the ad does it say how long the bio-ink will last outdoors.

I wonder if you can buy a 1608 and use eco-sol.

I think the Blizzard 65" looks pretty snazzy

Urban Image

They last for 2 years without lamination. Roughly 3-4 with lamination. Trust me when I say there is practically no reason whatsoever to run eco-sol through it. It is, literally, a 64" VJ that takes thick substrates and uses the bio inks. If you ran eco-sol inks through it, it would just be an overpriced ValueJet.

Last edited:

Matt Cuellar

The price hasn't been formally announced yet but I've heard anywhere from $39k -49k. I know Vutek manufacturers the ink, but it is basically a VJ-1604 with an adjustable head height of 1/2". I did see the hybrid version at ISA and it was really intriguing. I think it'll be a huge competitor with the new ColorSpan 5400 UV series printers and if the price is what Mutoh thinks it'll be, the BioJet will blow the ColorSpan out of the water. However, like any new technology only time will tell. Again, the output I saw at ISA was quite impressive, but durability and substrate flexibility still need to be addressed in my opinion. We'll be the only dealer in the NW with one when they're released so we're very very excited!

Urban Image

can you take a 1604 and use bio inks?
You can. I wouldn't.

...but durability and substrate flexibility still need to be addressed in my opinion.

I saw it at ISA, too, but they had another unit in Belgium with the updated ink system. The ink is very flexible. It prints roll to roll just as well as solvent does. The only thing I haven't seen is drying times.