• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Wrap Last Week

Brands Imaging

Attachments

• VehicleWrap_Qdoba.jpg
    VehicleWrap_Qdoba.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 137

Mosh

Is that dirt on the van? Looks like a simple vinly letter job to me. $250 for two sides and back doors.

Wash the van before taking pictures in the future please. Looks like your first job on the video, keep trying! You might want to get more professional looking help, cause that "look" is not going to get you far!

weaselboogie

The design does not work well for a wrap. In all honesty, I thought it was dirt too. The weathered parchment might work for just about any other ad, but I think the only way it would work here is if it were more obvious.

Brands Imaging

Is that dirt on the van? Looks like a simple vinly letter job to me. $250 for two sides and back doors.

you fat hippie from nebraska. are you friggin kidding me? First we didnt do the design, i should have noted that...but its also much liter in the pic.

2nd, we have been wrapping for 3 years and have a very good rep here in the north east. nothing amature about the video or the install. very professional.

acothran

I have a few questions about this wrap:

Why is the background design not seamless? From the pic, there is a darker pattern, near the back that goes from behind the wheel well then stops about 3/4 from the top. Once I watched the video I realized that the stopping point is the seam.

What was the reason for the print to cut lettering and avocado instead of printing them with the pieces that make the background? Are they reflective?

Did you install the original green wrap that you removed in the video? Also what was the time for removal vs. time for install?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Allen

Mosh

we have been wrapping for 3 years

WOW 3 years!!! I have been in the sign biz for 21 years. And yes your guys need to look more professional. Hippie? I just burned a bunch of old lexan faces in my burn pile, I could see the o-zone layer spliting over my farm. Hippies don't do stuff like that! Sorry, but it did look like a bunch of high school kids in a shop class and the end product olny confirms it.

BTW I am 6'2" and 195 LBS so guess that is fat, or did you need phat?

ProWraps

looks good. just a lot of tenting and heating in. we find this causes a lot of lifting in the channels. you should wrap into the channels and if you are going to heat and go in, invest in the proper 3M tools (VCat, rollers, etc) rather than fingers.

Craig Sjoquist

Enjoyed the video and watching the wrap take off and install and yes the finish product looks better ..interesting wrap a background then graphics and copy ... makes it easy line up or change if needed on layout etc. thank you

neato

I'm going to go against the masses here. I really like the design. It's clean, legible, but keeps the Qdoba mexi-rustic feel. Sure, you could have done it without doing a full wrap, but the subtle background is really nice.

It's a nice refreshing change from so many wraps I see that are just garbled effects with no real purpose. I can't wait til that fad dies out.

Brands Imaging

Why is the background design not seamless? From the pic, there is a darker pattern, near the back that goes from behind the wheel well then stops about 3/4 from the top. Once I watched the video I realized that the stopping point is the seam.

you are correct, there is an interruption in the texture, I must say that you have a pretty good eye. The customer was extremely happy with the end result and so were we. The texture was "almost" abstract so we didnt worry too much about lining it up exactly, however the dark area wasnt continued at the top area anyway.

What was the reason for the print to cut lettering and avocado instead of printing them with the pieces that make the background? Are they reflective?

Did you install the original green wrap that you removed in the video? Also what was the time for removal vs. time for install?

Allen,

good questions, I own the shop and am very crisitcal of the work we put out and i think the #1 thing that can break a wrap like this is to have a crooked phone number, or tilted logo or some type of important info on a vehicle and i hate when that happens. All it takes is one small area to fight you and then your registration doesnt line up.

1 day removal. 1 day install.

WOW 3 years!!! I have been in the sign biz for 21 years. And yes your guys need to look more professional.

dude, seriously screw you. you are a POS. We are in the city of philadelphia, we work with artists, design firms, night clubs and creative people all day long. We work with our hands. We have a solid reputation. DID YOU EVER THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT PERHAPS LIFE IS A BIT DIFFERENT IN PHILADELPHIA THEN IT IS IN NEBRASKA?!?

looks good. just a lot of tenting and heating in. we find this causes a lot of lifting in the channels. you should wrap into the channels and if you are going to heat and go in, invest in the proper 3M tools (VCat, rollers, etc) rather than fingers.

pro wraps, i value your advice and thanks. not sure what a VCat is but i'll look into it. I like sometimes working with my fingers in certain areas though. Also, i am against severe bridging, however there were very shallow areas and i dont feel that they will become problem spots.

B Snyder

The images you applied to the doors I'd have contour cut by hand. I think it would have taken less time.

JR's

Thanks brands imaging, cool video thanks for sharing. It's neat to see how other shops install things.

On a different note, you have to get your guys a better heater. They look like hard workers but I bet they were cold.

And don't mind mosh he is just trying to get your goat. Keep on keeping on.

JR

CheapVehicleWrap

Mosh, please tell me you're kidding about burning lexan. Don't the have garbage pickup there? I went to a small motorcycle race track in Ohio a few years back. The owner was burning huge piles of "plastic" carpeting about a 1/4 mile from the track. Nauseating day that was. I don't know how many people felt sick. Why he had to do that then or at all is beyond me, but I'll never return to that track.

veloxgraphics

I think it looks good! I'm kind of confused as to why this customer is 2 wraps into the van already and still doesnt have a front license plate. :)

(or at least the dealer plate removed)

S

scarface

Looks like a couple guys trying to make a good living if you ask me. Great work guys, I love seeing videos of how work is created.

I recently started video taping my versacamm doing customer jobs and everyones loves to see how things are made. You guys are about a hour from me, have to catch up one day.

Mikeifg

Get a big torch for the removal. Anyway what material was the old wrap made out of. It seemed to rip in small pieces. Plus the windows should have come off without a razor if it was good material. But don't beat on Mosh. It's his opinion. You'll get praises and the oposite from this site. I know that. You'll probably have issues with lifting around the areas where you bridged and pressed the wrap. I also remove the antenna on those. With more experience you'll solve those problems. Also 3M primer works great. Peace.