• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Graphics Question

GhostPrinting

I keep having customers who want larger banners with some graphics they pull from facebook or social media. How can I convert these graphics to a svg color format so they aren't blocky when scaled. This is needing to go 5ft tall by 3 ft wide. Attached is 1 image i am working on now. TIA.

I am using AI but the image trace has left me with poor results. This is a newbie question as I am still learning the business so keep that in mind when replying. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6977.jpeg
    IMG_6977.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 187

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Let them know how poorly the graphic they provided will look at size. A screen shot at 100% helps them see. Then let them know how much it will cost to vectorize it. If doing that quickly and properly is outside your wheelhouse, out source it. Contact vector Dr.
They will either ok the extra fee, find a better file to send, or be ok with it as-is.

tulsagraphics

I keep having customers who want larger banners with some graphics they pull from facebook or social media. How can I convert these graphics to a svg color format so they aren't blocky when scaled. This is needing to go 5ft tall by 3 ft wide. Attached is 1 image i am working on now. TIA.

I am using AI but the image trace has left me with poor results. This is a newbie question as I am still learning the business so keep that in mind when replying. Thanks
In most cases (90% of the time), there's no such thing as "converting" social media "crap" to something really useable with a few mouse clicks. Nor is a bitmap to SVG conversion going to magically recreate all (or even part of) the data that was lost when the designer exported that file to a lossy sh*t file format (JPG/PNG for a social media post). Topaz, Vectorizer work well for what they "can" do, but they can't work miracles. Instead, just use that design as a reference point. Plan on rebuilding the artwork from scratch (fetch some free designs from Vecteezy or Freepik, a few fonts from Dafont or wherever... and charge the customer accordingly for your time.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
You could also use image sites like Dreamstime, Shutterstock, Depositphotos, etc. for some of the graphics. What you can't find, you may have to redraw or have a tracing service like Fiverr do for you if you don't have the time to do it yourself. On simple banner like the one you attached, if it takes more than an hour to reproduce, it isn't worth your time.

UpAndPrinting

Google reverse image search is a great way to find better versions. Also recreating that from scratch would be easy enough. For this example at least.