• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Here

Leondo

Hi Everybody,

Im new to the whole sign industry and im sure I will need lots of advice. I just got a 24" cutter and already have requests from people to do stuff for them. I love the creativeness in making signs. I recently got my BA degree in Digital Art and I can do almost anything in graphic design from company identities to websites, interactive cd's to logo vectorization. I am thinking about starting my own graphic design/signs business but have no clue on how to get started, just been mostly freelancing. Maybe someone can give me some advice... Im tired of my current job where they treat me as a digital slave and work terribly long hours with little pay on salary, just today i worked 14 hours
:0(

I am located in the Tampa, Florida area and look forward to reading your posts and taking in any advice :thumb:

Leondo

Thanks for all the replies, this forum seems more friendly then the other ones ive seen. The plotter I selected is a Master 24". I know I probably shouldnt have bought a cheap cutter but its been working good for now and its a starter until I hopefully make more money out of it. :wink:

Leondo

I was wondering if anybody knows a really good wholesale printing company that also does mailing services :help: