• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie needs help

formanek

So I am new to the wrap biz. Have a Mutoh 64" and I am running Flexi 8. I have designed a skin in Photoshop and want to send it to Flexi to rip and print. Can I just open the psd in Flexi and remove the portions I do not want to print? For instance... I have taken a pic and masked out the portions I want the skin to be printed. See attachment.

Sorry for boring you with the small stuff, but I am really excited to get going and the Feller's dude wasn't too helpful with software issues when they installed the printer. :)

JiM:thankyou:

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 120

tomence

So you are saying you bought your printer from Fellers and you did't get any software training on how to rip and print files.

chopper

I do not use flexi or photoshop, so I will not be much help....
but I was wondering where in MN you are...

//chopper

formanek

So you are saying you bought your printer from Fellers and you did't get any software training on how to rip and print files.

I did get "some" but just don't wanna waste a ton of ink and material. I wasn't real impressed with the software training. He didn't have any idea how to use photoshop and never covered designing wraps. Just how to print posters, etc... I got him out of my shop pretty fast.

WOODBS

you need to measure the area to be printed and make a template or at least a rectangle..then print away

mtroup

I usually design in Photoshop and if it is a square/rectangle solid panel (no contour cut) then I will save it as a flattened pdf and import that into flexi and then rip and print.

If there is a contour cut then I will save it as a layered psd and import it into flexi and then apply the contour cut, then rip and print and choose "print only job" and then take it out.. laminate it and put it back in and send the "cut only job".

Hope it helps.