• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie question about non compatible paper on HP Designjet Z3100

Dadders

Hi,

I have a newbie question.

I have a Z3100 and need to print onto a specific type of non-coated 200gsm sheet paper and have found that when printing as 'Fine Art Material - Fine Art Paper' only the black ink would smudge but the image would look good.

The manual says if only the black ink smudges then this is a paper compatibility issue with the Matte Black ink and paper type and you should print with the paper set as Photo Gloss as this uses the Photo Black ink instead.

The problem is when an image is printed with the setting as Photo Gloss the black ink no longer smudges but the result looks quite dull and the black isn't very deep / rich (looks a little washed out). When printed as Fine Art Paper the colours seem brighter and the black is deeper.

Any suggestions on how I could improve this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bilge

I would do following, to contact the supplier to check whether this media compatible with HP vivera ink. If yes, they should have or able to find ICC profile for you. Then you can install it to the driver and upload into the printer also with its own name. If not, you may try to make color calibration in closest media setting. It sometimes works, but not guaranteed. I always use HP OEM or certified media to my z6100 and z2100, because it is hassle free.