• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Question

VSP114

We have recently added vinyl graphics to our embroidery & printing business. I have had success in single color applications on both vehicles & windows. However, I am having difficulty in applying two color graphics.

I made a window sign today with white letters & blue outline. It looked good when masked, but when applied to the window the sign bubbled severely & seemed to worsen with time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Salmoneye

What kind of vinyl? Are you saying that you got bubbles during your application or after it was applied? Dry or wet install? Got a photo?

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

applying 1st color dry on window then 2nd color on wet over vinyl would help

Malkin

With a 2 colored vinyl (layered) design, you'll almost always get bubbles if you prelayer. Better to apply each layer separately, as per Craigs advice above.

Also, take some time to learn about proper vinyl application technique, then practice practice practice.

VSP114

Thanks for the tips. I have been doing the practice, practice thing for local Fire Dept & some friends.

Have been reading books & watching DVDs that I purchased to learn the trade.

I applied the vinyl dry. Product is cast from Stahls. Job is for a friend, so I will peel it off and practice some more.

Thanks again for the help.

SignosaurusRex

When layering vinyl....every layer should be applied individually regardless of whether the vinyl is cast or calendered, regardless of substrate and whether or not you choose a dry or wet method. Employing the use of some form of registration marks such as small squares or similar in the corners is always a good aid. Those, as you know can easily be removed once the install is complete.
Hows about an introduction of yourself? That is always a good thing! You can do so here.....http://signs101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232