• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie says Hi and after some advice.

Sully

Firstly, Hi to all from Aus.

I am looking for some advice on buying a machine to cut mostly 5-7 mil mylar stencils for painting for my wifes business. This is only a sideline business and the machine will not be used heavily. We do not want to spend a lot of $$ but we do not want to buy rubbish either. Our budget is max $1500 AU. (Is that a feesable amount?) We have looked at the chinese units and quite dubious about them after reading some posts on the forum. There is a unit on ebay called 'Katana' which looks reasonable and sounds like they offer reasonable support too.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KATANA-720mm...oryZ3180QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am not really sure on what I am looking for in specifications either. I have been advised that I need 500g of cutting pressure and that is about it.

If there is anything I have left out for requirements, please let me know. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers & and thanks in advance.

Dan.

Pro Image

Howdee from VA..............

I wouldn't open a sign business with that cutter but for a hobby it might be alright............