• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nix color sensor - currently useless....sigh.

SignProPlus-Chip

We pledged on the kick-starter for this nifty little device back in the middle of October 2013.

They were supposed to originally be ready back in February but ran into delays...well, we finally got ours today.

Unfortunately we have no way to use it. You NEED an iPhone 4s, and we only have a 4, and I have an android which they do not yet have an app for. Lets hope there are no Android OS restrictions once it's available.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH! They have a desktop app...however, for some reason it can only ID HEX color codes, while apparently the app can give you RGB, CMYK, PMS, and even brand paint colors. Anyone know why the desktop version would be so crippled?

Anyway, just me getting out my frustration that we got a new cool little $150 toy for the shop which can only currently be used as a paperweight.

mameighan

Waiting on mine. I thought they said there was an android app. Will be very disappointed if that is not the case

bigben

I also got mine this week. I have an android phone, so I'm in the same boat. So I've used the desktop version and tried to scan a color from my pantone book and it does not match. Close, but don't match. Also, when I connect the device on my computer, it could take up to a minute until the computer ''see'' it. And sometime, it does not see it at all.

I'm sure there will be some update soon, the desktop version have been from version 1.0 to 1.2 within a week. It should have a forum or somthing like that to ask our questions.

Conor Knoxx

same issues here. No android / can't get it to work on Windows. I suspect it only works on 32 bit versions of Windows, since it seems to work for some people. (won't recognize the .inf file on any I've tried it on) Though I don't have an iPhone, I read that the app for that is way out of whack for color calibration. Hopefully he's taken it this far, he'll get the software sorted out soon (certainly if he expects to sell more of them!)

SignProPlus-Chip

Wait, are you saying your desktop version will show PMS matches?

Mine only shows hex code....can't figure out if there is a way to display anything else.

I also got mine this week. I have an android phone, so I'm in the same boat. So I've used the desktop version and tried to scan a color from my pantone book and it does not match. Close, but don't match. Also, when I connect the device on my computer, it could take up to a minute until the computer ''see'' it. And sometime, it does not see it at all.

I'm sure there will be some update soon, the desktop version have been from version 1.0 to 1.2 within a week. It should have a forum or somthing like that to ask our questions.

Conor Knoxx

just installed the 1.2 version of the windows software. Can't verify accuracy yet, but it does seem to work now. I can only find hex codes for the results as well.