• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NIX Pro, Color Muse ?

jeffkics

Sign Says
Anyone using the Nix Pro or Color Muse or other color matching systems that work good out in the field and office?

Any suggestions on which is worth getting, if they work, etc...

Thanks!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
No experience with either.
But as long as it can output an LAB colour value, it'll be good enough for out in the field type of work.
As long as "out in the field" means quickly getting a colour reference to take back to the shop and match.

I wouldn't rely on it for printer profiling though.

unclebun

I have a Nix. It works relatively well. It's really good at picking paint colors and telling you the name of the color or a closely matching vinyl. Moderately good at giving you a color to start with when trying to color match for digital printing. Definitely not perfect.

brdesign

Have the color muse, basic model. It's very handy to have in the field and in situations where close is good enough. The free app has built-in color charts for most of the big-name home paint brands but you have to pay extra for an annual subscription to get Pantone colors. The app does give LAB values that you can use elsewhere to find the closest Pantone match.