• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No black or Yellow printing!

darby

Hey, I'm new to this site and new to working with printers and I'm kind of stuck. I'm working with a Roland VersaCAMM SP540i, I've never been trained on this one so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I went to print and no yellow came out, my greens were purple, so I did a test print that showed the yellow coming out magenta. I did a normal cleaning, still no yellow. The next day, I followed the manual and did a manual cleaning, which resulted in black coming out a bark blue. I ran a hard clean in the hopes that it might help but ended up losing black completely, with it coming out cyan, as well as a ton of drop outs on all colours.

I know we had it serviced about a month ago where it was suggested we get new print heads, the printer has been on but hasn't printed since. I would look into getting new heads but from what I can tell, black and cyan run out of the same head and same for magenta and yellow, and since cyan and magenta are still working I'm thinking its something else.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Ragnabrok

ink will usually cross contaminate in the cap, either from the foam being too swollen, the cap not sealing well, or the drain line is blocked/kinked. Replacing the caps is a good start, they aren't expensive or difficult to replace.