• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no color consistency on hp 365/ 570 and onyx thrive

SIG PRO

At our Print shop we use onyx thrive and print to a Hp Latex 570 and a HP latex 365. we have been running into issues with color consistency. When printing repeat projects there is always a shift in color and we have to constantly be using the onyx filters and color replacements to match out target colors. we have recently created new icc profiles through onyx using the rite i1 pro. we run color calibrations and never seem to get back to our baseline. we would simply like to pick a color from your printed swatch book and reproduce it accurately but this seems near impossible. any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

SIG PRO

When your printheads get more wear it turns into that.
How much usage you have on them?
we have swapped them out at 1000ml, 2000ml, and 3000ml and it doest appear to make much of a difference. we run a printhead status plot every morning and clean as needed. we also physically pull them and clean them every 2 weeks.

Asuma01

How are the climate controls where the printers are located? Swings in temperature and humidity can effect color consistency.

ToTo

Professional Support
Have you activated color consistency mode in media preset? This stabilizes temperature of PH and heaters more precisely.

stickerhed

Do you recalibrate your profiles? When I make the profile on my 365 I print color charts. Then when we have to match a color I recalibrate the profile which is supposed to bring it back to the way it was when you made the profile.

ToTo

Professional Support
Then delete once the embedded icc and recalibrate. It can happen if one color reference has been created under suspicious conditions that the table gets corrupted.