• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No "convert fonts" options when doing a save as pdf?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is nothing new, it has been happening since forever.
Remember, even Moses had to smash the first set of tablets and ask for a second download after after a font issue with the first set.

From Wikipedia:
According to the biblical narrative the first set of tablets, inscribed by the finger of God, (Exodus 31:18) were smashed by Moses when he was enraged by the sight of the use of Papyrus (Exodus 32:19), and the second were later chiseled out by Moses and rewritten by God (Exodus 34:1).

MI Bearcat

We use Pitstop to easily make changes to pdf's. Use the program daily. If the font's are embedded it will create outlines without having the font. Can't imagine not having it although we do printing as well. Not cheap however.

unclebun

All that blather from the so-called "Adobe scientist" sounds the same as Microsoft saying it's not a bug, it's designed behavior. Except Adobe sycophants (especially those that use Macs) drink the Kool Aid and believe everything they say. And why not, because in their world nobody uses anything but Adobe Fonts, so everyone has all the fonts you'd ever use since they come with your subscription, and everyone sips their chai lattes and adjusts their fashionable keffiyeh scarf, and, bingo! the delivery service drops off their perfect prints.

Fact is, we never get "perfect print-ready" files from even the so-called professional graphic design companies. They never get bleeds right, cut lines right, always forget to outline fonts that we don't have, don't flatten mesh and transparency effects, etc. The files are never sized or proportioned correctly. They password protect the files and don't give us the passwords. Our RIP is able to directly print a pdf file, but in probably only 5% of jobs will the file print what the customer wants without our making some kind of adjustments.