• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No cutting from flexi during print.

Using a L360 with a Graphtec. Sometimes while I am printing something I have the need to also cut signs at the same time. But production manager likes to act like it can't contact the plotter. Not all the time. Sometime there are no issues doing both at the same time. Other times I have to shutdown production manager before I am able to finally send the cut. I don't get any errors and sometimes it isn't even in the que after I hit send. Stumping me. Tried reloads. Resetting plotter. Changing IPs. Many different things. Anyone?

bannertime

New here but not new to troubleshooting equipment.

Are you using ethernet or usb on your graphtec, or possibly serial? How long is that cable?

-K

bannertime

Welp, I've never seen that problem with ethernet. Seen it lots with USB.

Figured it could be the same issue as with USB that Graphtec would setup a virtual port, but if you're able to change IPs on the plotter and Production Manager, I believe you're not using a virtual port.

Two questions: What is the error it's giving you? How are the devices connected? i.e. a 5 port switch off the motherboard's own ethernet port or pci ethernet port that you installed.

My initial thought is that maybe the port controller is trying to be "smart" and messing up the connection.

I'm sorry, if you had problems over USB, I'd have been much more help, as that's what I've dealt with every time I've helped someone. I personally run three machines off one computer, but I ended up having to set each one up differently when I ran into similar problems. HP on a 50ft Cat7, my 64in plotter on a 25ft serial and my 30in plotter on USB since it's right next to me.

-K

Welp, I've never seen that problem with ethernet. Seen it lots with USB.

Figured it could be the same issue as with USB that Graphtec would setup a virtual port, but if you're able to change IPs on the plotter and Production Manager, I believe you're not using a virtual port.

Two questions: What is the error it's giving you? How are the devices connected? i.e. a 5 port switch off the motherboard's own ethernet port or pci ethernet port that you installed.

My initial thought is that maybe the port controller is trying to be "smart" and messing up the connection.

I'm sorry, if you had problems over USB, I'd have been much more help, as that's what I've dealt with every time I've helped someone. I personally run three machines off one computer, but I ended up having to set each one up differently when I ran into similar problems. HP on a 50ft Cat7, my 64in plotter on a 25ft serial and my 30in plotter on USB since it's right next to me.

-K

There is no error. I send to plotter and the file sits there in production manager like it can't send to the plotter. Test connection success everytime. I have even tried deleting the plotter from production manager while the printer is still going. And setting it back up but still it won't send. As soon as the printer stops and I can close production manager everything is back to normal. Just sucks if a print is running and I can't cut sometimes.

Do you think having the printer on IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx with port 9100 and the plotter on IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx with port 9100 would give any issues. Different IP addresses but same port.