• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No ink is getting to the new printhead on my BN20

netsol

this can be very frustrating if it is your first time
i remember wanting to roll one of my printers out to the curb...

buy one of these

CAREFULLY pull each line off the damper and pull a vacuum. ink will come through
if it doesn't work put an empty or waste cartridge on the other end fill a syringe with isopropyl & shoot some into the cartridge

IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN, let each one soak for 20 minutes

if necessary put A LITTLE acetone in the alcohol solution

ONCE YOU CAN shoot alcohol into the cartridges, the vacuum pump WILL PULL INK

do each line one at a time, DO NOT CRACK THE MANIFOLD NIPPLES be very careful and gentle

take the pump line off the bottom of captop, hook up vacuum pump pull a vacuum.
it will pull ink INTO the dampers

this could take youa couple hours.
be careful and methodical

adamfromayr

Thanks netsol :) for your advice and those little connections on top of the heads are easily broken Im still working on it and will continue as wont to know everything about these BN20 and other printers

Im fitting the new media clamps! What a pain it is to fit these those awkward screws and the clamps bend so easily when installing them

I wonder the percentage of users who dont use media clamps?

Still working on the Blue and white inks blue is a bit clogged again

So important to have all teh connections tight the small brass bits with rubber o-rings as air in causes issues!

adamfromayr

Spoke to soon

I had new issues with the Scan motor Pinch rollers i installed new media clamps and used white foam tape i changed it too black tape and the pinch roller has went away!

NOW im almost out of ink and its all moving freely again left to right

but

GUESS WHAT?

No ink coming out printhead again

BE STRONG ADAM You will get there!

netsol

Thanks netsol :) for your advice and those little connections on top of the heads are easily broken Im still working on it and will continue as wont to know everything about these BN20 and other printers

Im fitting the new media clamps! What a pain it is to fit these those awkward screws and the clamps bend so easily when installing them

I wonder the percentage of users who dont use media clamps?

Still working on the Blue and white inks blue is a bit clogged again

So important to have all teh connections tight the small brass bits with rubber o-rings as air in causes issues!
i wish my mutoh had media clamps, instead of the takeup reel