• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Spot Gloss but a spot matte???

NSDdesigns

This make sense to anyone? When I was an agency designer, we always sent out spot varnish jobs with no issues.

I'm getting some business cards made for my business, and the company I'm using (which is semi-local and can print just about everything and anything. I have used them in the past and enjoy giving them my business) told me that for the cards I have designed, they cant so a spot gloss/varnish, but rather they do a spott matte on a gloss stock?

WHA? Makes no sense to me and if I did print with this setup, the fell of the gloss area would be sunken as opposed to the regular raised feel? Also, they gloss area(s) is so small compared to what they would have to do and essentially invert my design to matte the majority of the card.

This all has me scratching my head. Spot matte? Are they for real? Anyone else heard of this?

Im probly going to use a different company, safe myself some money and a headache, but still. I'm confused.