• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No yellow. Very strange

midnightmadman

I get all colors when I pull through waste line. I get all from dampers. But when I print my yellow is missing. It’s missing in the nozzle check also.
I’m baffled as to what is going on
Any help would be appreciated!

damonCA21

Check the cable to the head, a fault in this can stop a single colour printing. It could also be the head is blown on that one channel as this will give the same result..
If you are getting ink to the head, and its not printing then it is an electrical fault somewhere between the head and the main board, you need to work backwards from the head and find out what isn't working.

midnightmadman

Check the cables everything seems ok.
Strangely when printing I can see yellow spitting onto the pad. So not sure why this is happening

damonCA21

How did you check them? you need to check for continuity with a multimeter. You can also try swapping the cable from one head to another and see if the fault follows the cable.
The yellow you can see spitting would be what is in the head from the cleaning cycle, so doesn't mean the head is working. Pulling ink through the waste line isn't really a good idea unless you know what you are doing as it can damage the head

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Whenever you mess with cables, make sure the printer is unplugged for a while first. Any stray voltage when you disconnect/ connect them can fry fuses, or a board.
Figure that info might be helpful

midnightmadman

I’m getting rid of the printer if anyone wants it make me N offer. It has an auto take up reel with it. I’d like to at least get something
I’m in Orange County ny. Come get it please.

midnightmadman

I’m getting rid of the printer if anyone wants it make me N offer. It has an auto take up reel with it. I’d like to at least get something
I’m in Orange County ny.