• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non sproket cutters to die cut edge prints

artofacks1

Anyone using a non sproket cutter with your Gerber edge prints?
I’m considering selling my envision 375 since I am getting a latex printer and another cutter.
Figured I could just use one cutter for prints from the Gerber and the latex printer since space is tight and I don’t have room for both cuttters.

Attila Nagy

I use Envision. Graphtec SE5000-40 and Summa S class 1400 as well for contour cutting EDGE printed images. The last 2 are easier to find the registration mark, but need to take a good care of filling the material to the cutter. I Cut 10m+ on the summa without any problem already. They are supported since Omega v. 2.6

artofacks1

I use Envision. Graphtec SE5000-40 and Summa S class 1400 as well for contour cutting EDGE printed images. The last 2 are easier to find the registration mark, but need to take a good care of filling the material to the cutter. I Cut 10m+ on the summa without any problem already. They are supported since Omega v. 2.6
For the graphtec, are you using their ARM system? Is your print area reduced or you using the 4 corners?

Attila Nagy

Yes, That is the main advantage. It does not add the target to the width can use the same size 299.72mm with Graphtec Type 2 registration marks. Faster and quieter.

Attachments

• omega.PNG
    omega.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 121

artofacks1

Yes, That is the main advantage. It does not add the target to the width can use the same size 299.72mm with Graphtec Type 2 registration marks. Faster and what happens if the machine errors or stops
What happens if the machine errors and stops half way through the cut job?
Do you have to restart from the beginning or can you tell the cutter to start half way through the job?

artofacks1

If the envision cutter jams, I usually printed registration marks through out a long project so I can start from where it left off after I use the bomb sight.

The other work around is to start it from the orginal mark. Press start on the machine. Take the blade out while it goes through the entire part that is cut. Than pause and out the blade back in so it cuts the rest.

just trying to get a feel for how graphtec handles that

Attila Nagy

It newer happened with me. I would remove the knife until it reaches the point when is stopped. or turn cut off on the images already cut than send again.

artofacks1

It newer happened with me. I would remove the knife until it reaches the point when is stopped. or turn cut off on the images already cut than send again.
If you turn images cut off on the images already cut. I’m assuming the cutter will just read the registration marks from the beginning and skip the cut ones and start right where it left off right?

Attila Nagy

Do not not delete the print from the artwork, if it is bigger than the Cut, the position of the reg marks would not change. I normally add a small bleed for the image. But as I said it never happened.

Attila Nagy

Yes, It works fine as well and not as strict with the EDGE2 ports and cables. Omega gives a little more support for GERBER EDGE and updated profiles.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I used a Roland 24 inch plotter while getting my gerber machine fixed and it worked well , sold it when I got my machine back . I should have kept it for HTV material but oh well .