• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NOOB window graphics question..

PrismaSign

Hi all,

Some friends want me to do some signage on the windows of their store, but despite many years of niche vehicle graphics experience, I have no idea of what vinyl or laminate to use for such a thing.

They want to have images over the windows and without any real idea I would have guessed you would print these onto perforated vinyl like a car window? They are in full sun so will need laminate and I'd love some advice on this too. I have had a bit of a look through the forum and read about a liquid laminate which I'd never even heard of, so assume my knowledge is zero!

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Edit: They want to have some light some through the windows so need to be perforated or similar.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You don't have to use perf unless they want to be able to see through from the inside. If you do use perf, you can use liquid laminate but also any optically clear pressure sensitive laminate as well. If it's something they want to last for a good while, use the pressure sensitive laminate.

Another common non-perf way is to just print on a decent calendared vinyl and laminate with a cast laminate. That will last a good while.

If it's temporary, print on some cut vinyl and slap it on lol.

PrismaSign

You don't have to use perf unless they want to be able to see through from the inside. If you do use perf, you can use liquid laminate but also any optically clear pressure sensitive laminate as well. If it's something they want to last for a good while, use the pressure sensitive laminate.

Another common non-perf way is to just print on a decent calendared vinyl and laminate with a cast laminate. That will last a good while.

If it's temporary, print on some cut vinyl and slap it on lol.
Thanks for the response. I should have clarified, they want to be able to see through.... Will look into optically clear laminates.