• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure if this a software or cutter problem

Sroufe7

I have a FC7000 cutter with the latest firewire updates and Flexi Pro 7.5v5 I think it is and quick cut 1.6v1.

When I go to cut one color it changes the settings on my cutter to condition 2 and changes the speed to 50 every time (even if i change the speed back down to 25). If I cut more than one color I have it setup to pause between colors and I can choose fast, slow, pen or normal i think it is. And I pick slow which cuts at 25 for speed where I want it to be.

I tried to go through all the setting on flexi and quickcut and couldn't figure anything out.

Anyone else have this problem before?

Thanks
Scott

signage

I think quick cut is a slimed down version of Flexi production manager. If you are running both on the same machine that may be your problem, make sure they both have the same exact setting and I think you will be OK. You don't need both you only need one or the other.

thewood

Go to Production Manger, select your plotter, select Default Job Properties. There are boxes for each setup that if checked will override your plotter settings. I'm doing this from memory as I do not have Flexi available right now.

BobbyFosson

mwoodson is correct... Flexi is overriding your cutter settings. Once in the Default Job Properties, you will need to click on the plotter icon and select the Cutter Options button to uncheck all that apply.

This is a driver error in your version of Flexi that forces the cutter to condition 2. Resolved in latest versions.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are you complaining that the software is changing your settings on the plotter?

If so, bring up the Background Settings menu and set the Command Priority, I think that's what it's called but I don't have my manual to hand, such that the plotter will ignore any software parameter setting.

BobbyFosson

That is another means of doing the same thing... I would recommend bob's method seeing as you may have to clear Flexi's preferences every once in a while that would require you to change the cutter settings each and every time.

Changing the BG settings on the cutter is more reliable.