• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure what to do with these...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If the face is 3 to 3.5 inches from the LED modules what would be an ideal spacing? Every 3-4 inches?

To some extent, it depends on the brightness of the LED's. In channel letters, we would normally space the strokes of LED's about 5" apart. So with it being closer to the face, yes, I think spacing them 3" to 4" apart would do the trick. Your best bet is to lay the LED's in there and just see what works before permanently attaching. I would definitely add diffuser vinyl to the back of the face as well.

To some extent, it depends on the brightness of the LED's. In channel letters, we would normally space the strokes of LED's about 5" apart. So with it being closer to the face, yes, I think spacing them 3" to 4" apart would do the trick. Your best bet is to lay the LED's in there and just see what works before permanently attaching. I would definitely add diffuser vinyl to the back of the face as well.

Thank you for the help again, Moze. I wish I had a small fraction of the knowledge that you and Gino possess about these kinds of things that are new for us.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You bet, glad to help.

And you're not alone in the knowledge department. Every day I'm in this business I feel like I know less and less. There are so many facets, techniques and nuances to learn, it can get overwhelming.

fresh

My other suggestion is you could get some grow lights and raise some weed for some real money. My idea on how to set them up.

I like how no one has acknowledged your suggestion. I don't partake in these kinds of recreational activities, but my entrepreneurial side is soooo interested in learning how to cultivate pot. I really wish I had these cabinets and some seeds!

I like how no one has acknowledged your suggestion. I don't partake in these kinds of recreational activities, but my entrepreneurial side is soooo interested in learning how to cultivate pot. I really wish I had these cabinets and some seeds!

Well you'd better throw a few 600 watt metal halides and high pressure sodiums on top of that setup or you might be out of business fast. Those cabinets won't benefit you much more than raising your electric bill unless you plan on using them for seedlings and clones.

By the way...I've got four of these cabinets for sale. Interested? :rock-n-roll:

Marlene

MDI products are well made and work so the reason I suggested a more opaque acrylic is that these were made so that light could pass thru paper posters so I would assume the plastic is very translucent. by using a more translucent vinyl instead of paper, the more opaque acrylic will balance it back out. you could also try putting down a layer of white translucent vinyl and then do a print on more of it so it is more like a poster. Gino asked why the suggestion and that's why I posted that.