• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

not turn on the mutoh 1624x

allen138

my printer mutoh 1624x
when I want to print second job the machine suddenly shut down。
(I waiting about 20 min, put all power off) then, try to go to turn the machine on it acts like it's going to fire up but as soon as it reaches the "version 3.04" screen it shut down completely.
does anyone know? please help
thank you very much

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's most likely a fried main board. You can try unplugging the head cables and then try powering on to see if the head is maybe shorting out and causing the board to reset but other than that it's usually going to be the board itself.

allen138

If so
I need to buy a new board and power supply. Do you have a link to tell me which board I need to buy?
thank you very much

I have had a power supply go on a 1624. It was by no fault of the printer. I would urn the machine on and it would die at almost the same spot every time. I went through all of my normal diagnostics and noting. Then I realized that if I put the paper handle in the up position, powered the machine, did not let it initialize, it would run longer but still fail. Long story short. A roach crawled behind the power supply board and made contact. Created a short. I replaced the board and al was new. I would unplug machine and let it discharge. Pull the power supply board inspect the back. you never know.

allen138

clean up , but still same problem , (please see att pictures)

Attachments

• printer2.jpg
    printer2.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 162
  • printer1.jpg
    printer1.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 157
  • printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 181

allen138

the problem is the main board or power supply or something else?
which one I need change (the main board or power supply card)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can test the power supply if you know how to use a voltmeter. In my experience it's usually the main board though.

When a printer does not turn on it is because the mainboard transistor is burned out and for protection it does not allow the printer to turn on. if you replace this transistor you can re use the old board.
of course changing the mainboard you will solve the problem .. but first you must understand what caused the short circuit. and in many cases it is the head.
Could you send me a picture of the transistor in you mainboard to show you how to check each transistor..

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 194

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I dont like digi.
They dont stand behind what they sell.
They always have an excuse, then they stop communicating with you hopeing you will forget and move on, I will never forget.

allen138

When a printer does not turn on it is because the mainboard transistor is burned out and for protection it does not allow the printer to turn on. if you replace this transistor you can re use the old board.
of course changing the mainboard you will solve the problem .. but first you must understand what caused the short circuit. and in many cases it is the head.
Could you send me a picture of the transistor in you mainboard to show you how to check each transistor..

yes,,, please see att file,, I try to open, when show up 3.04 (please see att files), the printer power shut down .

Attachments

• printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 3_4.jpg
    3_4.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 138

allen138

I replaced new main board, but still got a same problem
"
when I want to print second job the machine suddenly shut down。
(I waiting about 20 min, put all power off) then, try to go to turn the machine on it acts like it's going to fire up but as soon as it reaches the "version 3.08" screen it shut down completely.
does anyone know? please help"