• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

nozzle clogged, any remedies?

Valentino

I've got 3 clogged nozzles. 1 in magenta, 1 in yellow, 1 in cyan.

I've done numerous cleanings, economy/normal and strong. soaked the head in 99% alcohol, soaked the head for an hour in Cleaning solvent from a cleaning cartridge. put lint free cloth soaked in cleaning solution in the capping station to push against the head. I've also tried printing alot of the clogged color.

urgh...... what other ways are there?

jc1cell

The first thing I would check is if there's any ink flowing to the waste tank when you do the cleanings. Do one of the more powerfull ones where more ink is used so as to help you see the amount of ink better. If there's ink, your good. If not, then you're not getting a good seal between your head and your cap.

Another thing you could do is leave the head soaking overnight with the flush fluid. It will help breakdown any ink you may have on the head.

jc

Valentino

i run 10 nozzle checks back to back and on the tenth, I count the missing ones.

the seal is good, ink flows into the waste.

thanks Chicago, I didn't want to waste my cleaning carts. I actually just loaded new carts in and I don't want to waste all the ink thats in the lines. The nozzle really aren't affecting the print, I just want them to fire.

signpost

Check the ink lines and see if they filling. Then check the dampers and see if they are filling. I might try to put print heads on capping station and hook a syringe to the waste lines and pull thru very slowly. If that doesn't work then I might look at replacing print heads.

Steve C.

The syringe trick works very good. It's the best way to clean clogged nozzles.
I was having a problem like that last week, turns out there was a hole in
one of the pump hoses. I took the pump apart and replace the hoses. works
like a champ.

Compilla

I've got 3 clogged nozzles. 1 in magenta, 1 in yellow, 1 in cyan.

I've done numerous cleanings, economy/normal and strong. soaked the head in 99% alcohol, soaked the head for an hour in Cleaning solvent from a cleaning cartridge. put lint free cloth soaked in cleaning solution in the capping station to push against the head. I've also tried printing alot of the clogged color.

urgh...... what other ways are there?

If you are printing 'sellable' images then I wouldn't worry about the check nozzle pattern.

More likely that you had a head strike and the printhead and has scratched a line across the bottom of the nozzle area.

Valentino

after more cleanings and more soakings, Ken Lee from mutoh came out and replaced my printhead. the more I cleaned it the worst it got.

I had a total of 2 black missing, 2 cyans (and 2 misfiring nozzles), 2 in yellow and 3 in magenta (with 2 misfires)

Ken actually allowed me to dick around with it and install it and uninstall the printhead a few times. as well as the dampers and what to do when my maintaince assembly goes south.

happy to say I'm firing all nozzles! HOORAY!

Valentino

as for the scratch line compilla, the print head was perfect. The tech though that was the cause too, but it wasn't