• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle Clogged

Brands Imaging

I am getting these little circles with white dots in the middle all over my prints. last time i had a tech out here he told me that the nozzles were clogged and to do a few hard cleanings.

yeah, well thats not fixing it.
should i wipe the head?
any thoughts?

please help

ColesCreations

Sounds like silicone... (fisheye in auto paint lingo) If that's the case it's nothing to do with the printer, but contaminated media.

Have you tried a different media?

CustomRide

I am getting these little circles with white dots in the middle all over my prints. last time i had a tech out here he told me that the nozzles were clogged and to do a few hard cleanings.

yeah, well thats not fixing it.
should i wipe the head?
any thoughts?

please help
My mimaki tech said buy a Roland...

Yeah sounds like bad media....have you tried other media's?

I take it that it is not just one color?

How do the test prints look like?

grafixhenk

Print a solid black bar, if this still shows up with white dots (check the image by holding it up to to a light source and look ato it through the backer of the media) Than the media is contaminated. Those spots are just rejecting the ink. The other thing I also ran in to is too heavy of an inkload, try reducing the amount of ink laid down, or a different profile

Last edited:

Brands Imaging

thanks guys - OEM Inks here.

I actually finished the end of the media but I think it was either the end of the roll being contaminated or it was just super hot inmy office...

it was late friday night and i didnt think about turning on the AC