• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle dripping ink

narutoglen

Hello Im having an ink dropping issue on my nozzle only on the right last channel. dampers are new and ink line is good.
head is also new. what can cause this. or any of you guys experience this.
im using ink bulk system. im using a new ink that is thin and not so viscous. can this effect and cause the drip?

best regards, thanks in advance :D

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Normally when ink drops from the head it's a damper issue. Check the dampers to make sure the o-ring didn't fall off during install, the membrane didn't get punctured, and/or the ink line got kinked and broke open. Don't just assume you installed it properly. Most of the time I give damper advice people assume they did everything correct, don't double check and that ends up being the issue. Even I, an experienced field tech, mess the dampers up during install and have to double check a lot. They are finicky. Sometimes the old o-ring has been on there for so long that it creates a dimple in the ink line that causes the seal to break as well.

Other than that, the bulk system would be the next thing to look at. If the system is failing, it can create weird pressure issues and the ink just falls out. Check all of your connections for air leaks. There should be no bubbles in the ink lines at all. Even a small bubble is a sign that a seal is broken somewhere. You could always try installing an OEM cartridge to rule out the bulk system but that costs money obviously.

narutoglen

Normally when ink drops from the head it's a damper issue. Check the dampers to make sure the o-ring didn't fall off during install, the membrane didn't get punctured, and/or the ink line got kinked and broke open. Don't just assume you installed it properly. Most of the time I give damper advice people assume they did everything correct, don't double check and that ends up being the issue. Even I, an experienced field tech, mess the dampers up during install and have to double check a lot. They are finicky. Sometimes the old o-ring has been on there for so long that it creates a dimple in the ink line that causes the seal to break as well.

Other than that, the bulk system would be the next thing to look at. If the system is failing, it can create weird pressure issues and the ink just falls out. Check all of your connections for air leaks. There should be no bubbles in the ink lines at all. Even a small bubble is a sign that a seal is broken somewhere. You could always try installing an OEM cartridge to rule out the bulk system but that costs money obviously.

the damper is not damaged. and there is no trace of ink flowing from top of the head to the nozzle. ink is dropping from the nozzle's last channel. does this count also as air in the dampers?

and what if i kill the pressure on the ink tank to minimize the push of air to the damper? will this be bad?

thank you

x2chris7x

If the o-rings did create a dimple in the line... How would you fix this problem? We're experiencing problems with our 1614, not trying to "steal" this thread...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the o-rings did create a dimple in the line... How would you fix this problem? We're experiencing problems with our 1614, not trying to "steal" this thread...

Cut the dimple off with scissors so that the o-ring has a nice fresh piece of line to seal up with. You want to cut as close to the dimple as possible to avoid cutting too much line off.