• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ 460 GT - disable heads

growler

Hey guys,

I have the 6 colour (CMYKWV) GT, 4 years old and I have only used the W & V a handful of times and not once in the last 12 months, just not the market I had anticipated.

I'd like to disable the printheads altogether so that I don't have to keep feeding ink into the machine, every 3 months I have to put in a new bag, then throw it out with nothing used!

anyone know if it can be done or if I can get a 3rd part 12 month RFID for it?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
not going to happen unfortunately, you'll try up the heads and you'll be up $10k for new ones. unless you convert it to a 440 which i believe is only a CMYK machine which isn't worth it.
IMO i'd convert it to a double white as white can be used a lot if you do acrylics.

growler

Yeah as I said in my post I've used white and varnish once in the last 12 months, it's just being wasted. If I could side load a 440GT profile into it would be perfect. I'd pull the 2 heads and store them for backups.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Not sure this will be too much help but I saw a post about cloning your hdd and essentially putting the time back three months, extending the ink life. There’s also chips you can buy that extend the time you’re allowed to use the ink. Pretty sure the thread was “Oce Arizona tips #2”. Hopefully something in there might help, not quite the solution you were hoping for but should save you switching the bags as much.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yeah as I said in my post I've used white and varnish once in the last 12 months, it's just being wasted. If I could side load a 440GT profile into it would be perfect. I'd pull the 2 heads and store them for backups.
not that simple.
you need to turn change the firmware on the printer to a 440. and im not even sure how to do that. first you need to obtain it.

NorthControl

One of my 350XTW running without the white heads, because the same reason.
This machine can running without these heads. I mean, I pulled out these heads. Some of minor settings necessary in SDS.

I think you can do a test, if you pull-out the power cord of the first (W+V) head board. This board controls the first 2 heads, so the W and V in the 460 Machine. If the machine could running without error messages, you can do easily what you want. You can wash and dry your inklines and reservoire very simple. Buy 3rd party chips is good idea, and worth it. (I dont need to buy chips, but this is another story).

If you need more help, just say.

GregK