• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ Arizona 360GT - Lamp Housing problem

Hi colleagues
We recently bought a Arizona 360GT UV flatbed, to replace our even older HP Scitex FB500.

The former owner replaced the right lamp housing a couple of months ago.
The part and the work was supplied by Canon and I have the bill to prove so.
The machine was NOT under service contract and the former owner paid a lot of money for that replacement, around 7300 USD!
The former operator of the machine told me that after the replacement, they still had some problems with that right lamp housing and that Canon looked at it several times but could not figure it out.
Time was running out or the former owner, they had a new machine coming and we had to move the Arizona to our location.
We had a non Canon tech to move the machine and install it at our location, and sure enough, the new right lamp housing was totally dead, it dosen't even initialize when we turn on the lamps, it just gives us a Lamp error right.
When we change the lamp to the left location we get Lamp error left, and the old lamp works at it should in the right location. Furthermore we have tested the new lamp housing in a different 360GT and it also comes with that same error in a different machine.
We have also tried putting a new bulb in, same error. Our conclusion clear - there is something wrong with inside the new lamp housing. We have a suspicion the the new lamp housing is for a different Arizona model and thus not compatible wit our machine.
The part number on the bill and on the new housing are: 1070120511 On our old housing and on two different 360 printers I have seen the part number is: 3010109528.
Canon has been very unwilling to help us out, and furthermore they have made it clear that there is now warranty on the lamp housing or any other spareparts they sell, which I find quite strange.

Does anyone know if the part number 1070120511 is compatible with Arizona 360 GT?

Anyone out there able to troubleshoot these housings It is in mint/new condition, we see no physical damage outside or inside, shutter is moving freely by hand, so it can only be a incompatible part number or the small controller board inside the housing.
I would hate to shell out 7300 USD to Canon for this part, especially when they don't stand by their products and offer any warranty at all :(

Please help me with options.

ToTo

Professional Support
I guess the flag is not entering correctly into to the optical sensor. This can happen is mechanically there is a misalignment.
Also you can check internal logs to check why the init of lamp housing fails.
Or you just order it from somewhere else.

Broome Signs

hi had the same problem
it was not the lamp holder , after a lot of fishing around we narrowed it down to the lamp driver and power supply
you have 2 complete units, take the cover off the under the printer and you will see them stacked one on top of the other
if you have all green lights then all is ok, red lights on bad news, you will need to swap the part out £1000.00 average
p.s. power down the printer before working on it
digiprint supplies sell them

good luck

WhippetGames

Hi all,
Also having issues with the UV lamp (checking housing faults) Has anyone been successful in an LED conversion? I have large decommissioned LED UV printer from china that has great off the shelf LED UV and it would be great to make this work on my Acuity HS. as a lighting designer, The parts for these original UV units are way over the top and I dont trust them...

Thanks!