• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ Arizona 550 XT / Fuji Acuity Advance HS

HaroldDesign

Anyone running this "new" version of this machine?
How do you like it? I'll be taking a look at one next week. Any input is much appreciated!
:thankyou:

indyjones

We are also looking at the Oce 500 XT and Fuji Aquity Arizona. We are also looking at Screen Truepress2500. We have sent them sample 3/16 foam core. We sent a spec sheets for our requirements. We are also testing their rips for each printer. It has been interesting so far.

HaroldDesign

That's funny - I'm also going to be looking at the Screen 2500. Not going to get to the Arizona demo this week, but will sometime soon. We'll have to compare notes along the way!

indyjones

We signed a contract and put a down payment for the Oce. We pulled out at the last minute. Our plant manager went to the Sign in Las Vegas to check out the Oce. He was not impressed with the daily maintenance it required and the setup to do prints. We are now looking at the Screen Truepress. We are doing a second round of testing.

HaroldDesign

Thanks for the info. Going to look at the Oce on the 9th. Then the Truepress and it's little brother sometime soon.

HulkSmash

you pay 150ish for a Oce and
double or triple that for a truepress.

I dont mind taking 2 minutes every morning to clean it... Setup is a breeze..
Oce is great...

indyjones

we did our testing on printed samples and evaluated them to Gracol 7 data set and profile. They got it right the first time. At the Sign show both Oces were down to technical issues.

HulkSmash

we did our testing on printed samples and evaluated them to Gracol 7 data set and profile. They got it right the first time. At the Sign show both Oces were down to technical issues.

was at the show. Was at the oce booth. They were printing great.

hydo1

I was at the SGIA show all day Thursday and both Oce machines were running the entire time.

The daily maintenance sounded like a breeze as well.

This is a machine I am currently evaluating for purchase, so any other impressions from people who have used it or own is appreciated.

Dice

What exactly was your beef with the Maintenance on the OCE?

DoubleDown

I'll give my two cents, Oce are really great machines, hands down. We ran the Truepress for a full day and that is a great machine, built solid, amazing quality, only problem for us was speed. Oce ink costs are high so you could always switch over to fuji for inks but you lose your service contract.

The one machine at the show that honestly took us by surprise was the Swissqprint flatbed. It blew away the Oce and others like it with twice the speed and amazing quality WITH 98" roll width printing and up to 16' board print. Much more expensive but definitely an interesting player.

But hands down, just go buy a Durst Rho 900 and you'll never have to buy another machine again. At some point quality will not matter in our world (due to quality being amazing across the board), and it's pretty darn close to that point. Focus on service and reliability and that's your machine you want.

FASTVancouver

Oce ink costs are high so you could always switch over to fuji for inks but you lose your service contract.

Hi, we are keen to swap over to Fuji inks on our Oce 250gt for the above reason... does anyone know of anyone who has done this successfully? We heard the ink bags maybe have an RF chip to ID them. Wondering if Oce inks would swap out for Fuji without a hitch? Thx in advance

DoubleDown

They will not swap over without a hitch, they have chips in them to stop from doing that. You can contact your local Fuji rep and see what they say.

So major question is who has better support and service...from experience?

FASTVancouver

Hey thx for that.
As for service, certain people employed by Oce are great, ie we get supplies super quick... others can be pretty unhelpful at times so make of that what you will.
We are finding the Oce prices ridiculous though, equivalent products from Fuji coming in at under 1/2 price. For example adhesion promoter, that's why we are thinking ink swap...

Main

We are also looking at the Oce 500 XT and Fuji Aquity Arizona. We are also looking at Screen Truepress2500. We have sent them sample 3/16 foam core. We sent a spec sheets for our requirements. We are also testing their rips for each printer. It has been interesting so far.
Apologies But does anyone have information on what the the market value is for a seconded-hand Truepress Jet W3200UV HS I would appreciate the help

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Apologies But does anyone have information on what the the market value is for a seconded-hand Truepress Jet W3200UV HS I would appreciate the help
Dude you don't need to spam all the 10y old threads. People can see your question and surely answer if they know...

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Contact Mike ALtrueter at the Global Garage, he has a finger on the pulse of the used market, he is very knowledgeable of all platforms and their real value,